NGD Rusty Anderson 335

idlewilder

I liked the first one so much that I traded an LP to a fellow forum member, for a second RA. I'd like to introduce RA240

I've only had it for a couple of days but it's a monster. It's currently strung up with 11's so my fingers have been getting a workout. The necks are near identical which is great since they outstanding to begin with. This one has a lot more flame than my other RA. It weighs slightly more, around 8.25lbs but it still feels great. I had to give up a great guitar but I got a great guitar so it's a win for everyone

RA011 and RA240 together

TwoToneGreen

Nice guitars. My preference was initially for the new one, but the plainer top is also harks back to some vintage examples.

I'm thinking of picking up a '63 RI to go with my '59 330 RI. So tempting.

Blue4Now

Gold Supporting Member
interesting that the pegheads are different TRC and inlays are in different locations

Crowder

Dang Twangler
On the one hand, I think the specs of the RA model would be about perfect for me. OTOH I can't imagine needing two identical guitars. Did anything compel you in that direction other than "I had the money and wanted another one?" No judgement, just curious.

idlewilder

On the one hand, I think the specs of the RA model would be about perfect for me. OTOH I can't imagine needing two identical guitars. Did anything compel you in that direction other than "I had the money and wanted another one?" No judgement, just curious.
Tbh, I'm a sucker for flame lol. It doesn't hurt that they are absolutely killer guitars. I'm going to a/b them for a while and probably move one in the future, possibly for another 335 like a WH or a straight sale. I had a surplus of LP's so it didn't really cost me too much

Crowder

Dang Twangler
Tbh, I'm a sucker for flame lol. It doesn't hurt that they are absolutely killer guitars. I'm going to a/b them for a while and probably move one in the future, possibly for another 335 like a WH or a straight sale. I had a surplus of LP's so it didn't really cost me too much
Cool. My brother got to hang out with Rusty some a few years back. Said he was really nice, a good guy.

Texsunburst59

Really nice pair you've got there.

I REALLY like the new RA w/ flames WAY more that your 1st one. I take it all day long over your 1st.

If I ever had a chance to score a RA at a killer price, I'd hope it'd have the flames like yours.

Enjoy A/B'ing them.

Trending Topics