NGD - Schecter Corsair

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
Platinum Supporting Member
I've been gassing for a 335 style guitar for a while but just not sure I wanted to spend 335 money on one. I've read a lot of threads on alternatives and decided to keep an eye out for a Schecter Corsair. This one has been at a local store for a couple of weeks and I had something to trade so I stopped by yesterday. I got it home on a straight swap, cleaned it up and strung it up with EB Slinky 10's.

It's in pretty good condition although missing one of the fret dots (3rd fret) so I'll see if I can find one at stew mac, otherwise I'm pretty happy about how it plays. The neck is a little on the thin side and the fret board is a little flat (14" radius) but it didn't seem to bother my playing. Most of the reading I did suggests that the pickups could be improved on, and the neck pickup did cut out on me a couple of times last night so maybe I'll look into a swap but for now I'll just play it.

Any suggestions on pickup improvements are welcomed.
View media item 11732

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
Platinum Supporting Member
I put Dimarzio Air Classics in mine. Sounds and plays great.

A pickup cutting out is more likely the switch than the pickup

Thanks.... I did pull the switch and fiddle with it.... seems to be working but I may try a squirt of contact cleaner in it for now.

neastguy

Silver Supporting Member
I had one of those.. it was awesome.. would of kept it but the body size was just too big for me...

Sheherezadeh

I have one just like that. It's mostly eliminated 335 GAS, and I haven't even felt like changing the pickups.

Haynes

The only reason to own a Gibson 335 over the Schecter Corsair is either 1 - vanity or 2 - having too much money laying around

Top Bottom