NGD SG!!!

CPower

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks!! Finish is the Fireburst. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the one. Playing it was just the icing on the cake!

FattMetheny

Thanks!! Finish is the Fireburst. As soon as I saw it I knew it was the one. Playing it was just the icing on the cake!

Looks great. What model year? Your thoughts on the MiniE Tune if it's 2014 model?

Was it set up well? Typically you'll want somewhere between 0.004 and 0.005 of relief at the 7th fret. Intonation good? Chords sound sweet?

I hate to see broken headstocks, SGs are quite susceptible. Always best to keep them in a case and not on a guitar stand. Remember this one simple rule and your SG could last a lifetime.

sportoflife

NICE! i have a 02 in a similar finish and I love mine!

The best thing I did to mine was to throw in a pair of BG pure 90's. Those things are made for the sg!

Enjoy your new sg!

CPower

Silver Supporting Member
Its a 2014. As for the minetune I feel its a great idea and it really makes it easy to switch to alternate tunings that I normally wouldn't mess with. BUT... I just cant see it lasting as long as the guitar itself. If and when that day comes I will slap in some locking Grovers. The good thing that I can see is that the minietune is just held in with the tuning peg nuts.
The set up on this thing is great. Intonation is spot on. Resonates forever. Its just really easy to play and feels Right!! Thanks for the headstock info. just thinking about it makes me feel sick! LOL

FattMetheny

Its a 2014. As for the minetune I feel its a great idea and it really makes it easy to switch to alternate tunings that I normally wouldn't mess with. BUT... I just cant see it lasting as long as the guitar itself. If and when that day comes I will slap in some locking Grovers. The good thing that I can see is that the minietune is just held in with the tuning peg nuts.
The set up on this thing is great. Intonation is spot on. Resonates forever. Its just really easy to play and feels Right!! Thanks for the headstock info. just thinking about it makes me feel sick! LOL
How does the tone compare to the goldtop LP?

I've been thinking (forever) about top wrapping the tailpiece of my SG. Robben Ford does it with his old SG Special. I should give it a try, but a new tailpiece (ungouged by strings) would cost me $20, if I didn't like the top wrap.

Trending Topics