(ngd) Slash Custom Shop Relic Lp

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by xdisciplex, Mar 27, 2008.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex Member

I figure i should post a few pics since theres a few slash fans around here.
    i played this guitar for a long time last night and its awsome, it sounds much better than the slash i had a few years ago. i think it sounds and feels better than the R7 I had also.
    the first set of pics is the slash i have in my house right now and they were took with my iphone but i will take some better pics later tonight, i actually bought 3 of them and havent recieved the other 2 but i did get the store to take a few pics for me, the 2nd set of pics is the slash that is in transit and the 3rd slash hasnt hit the dealer yet. im gonna keep 1 of them, and sell the other 2 on ebay.
    these guitars arent supposed to be onsale till april 1 but a couple dealers didnt know and already shipped them.
    the aging was done by tom murphy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is the one thats on the way
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i know theres people that dont like aged or relic guitars and if you would keep you comments to yourself if you dont like it i would appreciate it.

2. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

Cool! The back will brown up in time and it will really look authentic. Those look like railroad tracks for frets! I like it.

3. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

They really nailed the look of his main '87 Standard used during the Appetite and Illusion tours. What is the price of these?

4. gregory49

gregory49 Member

how much are these going for?

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex Member

thanks guys, the back is a little bit darker than the pics show.

Theres 2 versions of the aged slash, one is signed and has a retail of 10k and dealers don't want to discount them and they are limited to 100.

Then theres the same exact guitar but its not signed on the back of the headstock and has a retail of 8322.00 and dealers are asking 5400 each and theres 50 of them.

All 3 of mine are the 5400 version and arent signed.

6. yumanike

yumanike Member

That is an awesome looking guitar!

7. pickaguitar

pickaguitar 2011 TGP Silver Medalist Silver Supporting Member

8. bonchie123

bonchie123 Supporting Member

So how easy is it to play? Slash seems to bend with ease, but those frets look huge.

9. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Wouldn't that help with bending?
    Awesome guitars, by the way. Slash is one of the handfull of people in the past 20 years to have an instantly recognizable sound.

10. swimrunner

swimrunner Member

What numbers do you have? Cool guitar.

11. losvarmits

losvarmits Member

HOW did you get one so early??? That guitar looks pretty cool...I'd keep the other 2 if you can and don't ebay them...you'll be happy later when the value is double...when do you get your others?

12. Mcclassic

Mcclassic Member

Congrats!! the guitar looks great and I love Slash tone.

I was joking with some guys at a store that Gibson is coping Gibson since, if I am not wrong, the original guitar was a copy made buy a great luthier.

Enjoy it!

13. neil99

neil99 Member

Nice looking guitar! Grew up listening to AFD, stayed in the tape deck of my old truck for probably 6 months strait

But I have to wonder if Max can now sue Gibson for copying his copy of their guitar?:jo

14. xdisciplex

xdisciplex Member

the relic is the lp slash used in the sweet child o mine video, and it was also his main gig guitar. He receieved it on 1988 I believe. It was one of the 2 lp Gibson sent him and he didnt like the color so he had them both refinished.
    This isn't a replica of the replica that he recorded with.

15. bonchie123

bonchie123 Supporting Member

To me I bend easier with lower frets and consequently lower action. If the frets are so high that the action has to be high I find guitars harder to play.

16. Steve Long

Steve Long Member

I know dating as a lot to do with the value. What SN were you lucky enough to get.

~SL

17. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

I am Not a Fan of Signature relics, especially the Dickey Betts LP . Gibson really dropped the ball on that one. That said..........I find this guitar very pleasing to the eye. If it was in the $2500-3000 range (and really there is no reason it shouldn't be) I would actually consider it. I really dig the vibe. :AOK

18. aaronl

aaronl Supporting Member

Man nice guitar!
    I am so jealous, the sweet child o mine video when he walks up and plugs in and starts to wail is the reason i reallllly wanted a guitar :)

i tell you even the epiphone slash model looks pretty bitchin! i wonder if there is some kind of april fools thing going be associated with all of the launchings after reading slash's book i would not be surprised lol

19. Ezyryder

Ezyryder Member

Very, very cool. What pickups are these packing? Are they the Duncan Alnico II"s that he uses in just about everything?

20. Jim S

Jim S Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Is this corrrect:

Gibson is making a copy of a Max LP style guitar ...which is a copy of a Gibson Les Paul?

:NUTS