NGD - Some G&L love

CSB123

Finally the legacy i wanted, I initially purchased one, and was happy with everything but the neck. Thankfully found a gent who was ecstatic with that neck and guitar.

I just couldn't get on with it, and it was a tad heavy, otherwise a magnificent guitar Build wise etc.

my Number one guitar is my G&L blues boy, i have gathered many high end guitars but bonded with my custom blues Boy.

Picked her up today, and its off to my guitar tech for a check up and any tinkering that needs doing.

I try to match what i liked about my blues boy, the thin contours, the lightweight, the neck profile.

from my brief play through, i love the cleans and the clarity and definition in the low end on the SD JB Humbucker.

Legacy HSS RMC

alder flamed maple top
DF Vibrato bridge
G&L Slim C neck
Stainless steel medium jumbo frets
Hard rock Maple neck
G&L Alnico 5 CLF -500 Single coils
Seymour Duncan JB (TB4) Humbucker
PUSH/PULL Coil tab
Volume bass and treble
Graph tech G&L locking tuners
Graph tech nut

6B26AC11-78BC-4411-AD57-9D01F613E4C9.jpeg

9E9C8F0A-8F22-40F7-8774-225C72585F54.jpeg

4E89ACA0-622C-49D4-9E12-F9E7A0237C84.jpeg

Headstock shot for all the haters

0343E9C7-9469-48F3-A3FA-B8FA2A2EBF92.jpeg

9375E203-A5F7-4A87-BB9A-11A0237B1D96.jpeg

Wms76

Silver Supporting Member
Enjoy! I got my first G&L in 1998 and have been impressed since, with a couple of basses, 3 different varieties of ASATs, and an S-500 with Bardens.:cool: Tge headstock has bee pretty much a non issue for me.

Last edited:

Dean_E

I’ve got one of those. Mine is a special run (mid 2000’s) with all mahogany with a rosewood fretboard. I swapped out the JB for Duncan 59. I’m not into hot humbuckers.

Enjoy your new guitar.

F0DE1711-5B77-4B0D-B998-086322F231B8.jpeg
0BC2993D-8835-470B-868E-C42F88A1A2F9.jpeg

Last edited:

Angstwulf

Gold Supporting Member
I love the look of a rear mounted control Legacy. Good for you!

I had an L-1000 bass years ago and really loved it. My dream guitar right now would be a custom ordered Legacy Special, RMC and with the same translucent blue as that old bass.

Ben Pinkus

That looks great!
Haven't seen that model of G&L before,

I remember finding a 2nd hand custom S type a few years back at a really low price which was a great guitar. Waited a week until payday but had already gone. Some of their stuff is really good

C-4

Finally the legacy i wanted, I initially purchased one, and was happy with everything but the neck. Thankfully found a gent who was ecstatic with that neck and guitar.

I just couldn't get on with it, and it was a tad heavy, otherwise a magnificent guitar Build wise etc.

my Number one guitar is my G&L blues boy, i have gathered many high end guitars but bonded with my custom blues Boy.

Picked her up today, and its off to my guitar tech for a check up and any tinkering that needs doing.

I try to match what i liked about my blues boy, the thin contours, the lightweight, the neck profile.

from my brief play through, i love the cleans and the clarity and definition in the low end on the SD JB Humbucker.

Legacy HSS RMC

alder flamed maple top
DF Vibrato bridge
G&L Slim C neck
Stainless steel medium jumbo frets
Hard rock Maple neck
G&L Alnico 5 CLF -500 Single coils
Seymour Duncan JB (TB4) Humbucker
PUSH/PULL Coil tab
Volume bass and treble
Graph tech G&L locking tuners
Graph tech nut

View attachment 628194
View attachment 628195
View attachment 628196

Headstock shot for all the haters

View attachment 628197

View attachment 628198
Happy new guitar day!
I love that color! I have an R9 in that color and love it.
Enjoy playing that beauty! :)

John C

Gold Supporting Member
I love the look of a rear mounted control Legacy. Good for you!

I had an L-1000 bass years ago and really loved it. My dream guitar right now would be a custom ordered Legacy Special, RMC and with the same translucent blue as that old bass.

While it's done through options now back in the early 2000s G&L had a few of these rear-routed models beyond the long-running ASAT Deluxe model - they called them "Deluxes" and had an S-500, a Legacy (pretty much what @CSB123 had built), an ASAT Special and I believe the L-1000 and L-2000 basses - sorry, not up on G&L's basses like I am the guitars.

I had one of the ASAT Special Deluxe models that I got in 2002 - I did order it but the only things I specified were the honeyburst color, that I wanted black pickup covers, and I paid the $20 extra to get a tolex case instead of a molded case. Back then G&L was using "American Tilia" as the main body wood, which is a species related to basswood; later on they switched it to ash or mahogany. I was planning on either the G&L or an EBMM Axis SuperSport with MM90s and wound up with the G&L.

I wish I had kept this one; I sold it (along with several other guitars) in a fit of GAS to get a reissue Les Paul; the LP didn't last very long and left me wishing I had just kept the ones I sold to fund it. At any rate here was mine - it wound up with kind of a quilted/birdseye top:

uCQlbKGl.jpg

Angstwulf

Gold Supporting Member
While it's done through options now back in the early 2000s G&L had a few of these rear-routed models beyond the long-running ASAT Deluxe model - they called them "Deluxes" and had an S-500, a Legacy (pretty much what @CSB123 had built), an ASAT Special and I believe the L-1000 and L-2000 basses - sorry, not up on G&L's basses like I am the guitars.

I had one of the ASAT Special Deluxe models that I got in 2002 - I did order it but the only things I specified were the honeyburst color, that I wanted black pickup covers, and I paid the $20 extra to get a tolex case instead of a molded case. Back then G&L was using "American Tilia" as the main body wood, which is a species related to basswood; later on they switched it to ash or mahogany. I was planning on either the G&L or an EBMM Axis SuperSport with MM90s and wound up with the G&L.

I wish I had kept this one; I sold it (along with several other guitars) in a fit of GAS to get a reissue Les Paul; the LP didn't last very long and left me wishing I had just kept the ones I sold to fund it. At any rate here was mine - it wound up with kind of a quilted/birdseye top:

uCQlbKGl.jpg

That's beautiful. I prefer non-figured woods for some reason (the cover of Born to Run, actually) but that ASAT works for me.

But yeah, the L-1000/2000's aren't rear mounted but they don't have pick guards, just a minimally sized plate for the controls. I think I want RMC w/ translucent blue since that's what that old bass of mine had and it looked so good.

Adman103

Silver Supporting Member
Congratulations! G&Ls are fantastic guitars. I’ve got several, and they’re just so good! Enjoy it! And btw- that tight flame combined with the honeyburst- *chefs kiss*.
Here’s a few of mine- the white one is gone now.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom