• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NGD - Something a little different.

jimlp

I recently purchased a Carlino Identity and I have to say that it is the best playing guitar I have encountered in the last 10 years. Designed by Ed Carlino these guitars are top notch in materials and craftsmanship. With a 5 ply bound, maple topped mahogany body/set neck with an ebony board the guitar is full sounding without getting muddy, leads cut but are not in any way shrill. Abalone inlays, Tone Pro hardware and Duncan pickups as well as 22db boost round out a killer package. The fact that the guitar also has (IMO) the coolest headstock on the planet is just icing on the cake! If anyone is looking for something off the beaten path check out the Identity at www.carlinoguitars.com, prices listed are MAP he will deal.

Looks like a BC Rich meets an Iceman meets an Explorer... and somehow it works! Beautiful flame top, too... what kind of pickups are in it?

jeffwith1f

very very pretty.
+1 on above comparisons
elements of all those in it
looks like something Dean may have tried to make, but still
very cool.

jimlp

Looks like a BC Rich meets an Iceman meets an Explorer... and somehow it works! Beautiful flame top, too... what kind of pickups are in it?
You are correct in the comparisons as Ed combined elements of his 3 favorite guitars from the 70's in his design, it is also somewhat deceiving as none of the lines/dimensions are the same as the originals. The pickups are a Duncan Distortion bridge and a 59 neck as standard equipment, you can pretty much get any combo you like though.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom