NGD - Swart STR

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by TenThumbs, Feb 17, 2012.

1. TenThumbs

TenThumbs Member

Picked up a STR off the emporium the other day and love it. Stellar clean and great crunch at levels that didn't cause me to say, "Huh" for the next hour. Reverb is almost too much when turned past 12...but what fun to play around with the different harmonics that come from changing picking attack.

Been wanting one of these for a while and now can see what all the fuss is about but created a new level of GAS as now it leaves me wanting to try other Swart amps. :rotflmao

Thinking about sending it back to have the tweed mod done; anyone done that yet?

2. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

3. koa

koa Member

Enjoy!!! Glad to hear you're digging it. Have you tried different tubes yet?

4. jadams71

jadams71 Member

I love my STR-tweed. I will agree that the reverb can be almost to much. I am still amazed that it is only a 5 watt amp when cranked it seems like SOOOO much more.

5. Wombat

Wombat Supporting Member

Congrats TenThumbs. Swarts have their own thing going on... pretty cool

The tremolo version of this amp is supposed to be hitting stores soon, and I am curious to see how that will be received, although early buzz is that it won't have the extra gain that the STR-Tweed has (instead will have a 3 postion EQ switch.)