• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NGD - Telecaster content

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
Good morning, all! I wanted to share my recent find with the fine folks at TGP.

Ive been on a tele hunt recently. Yesterday, I sat down and compared a few USA models -- a new American Professional with the new appointments, an Elite tele with the noiseless pickups and black binding, a '52 Reissue, and a '64 Reissue with the rosewood fretboard. All were butterscotch, except the '64, which was a very nice see through white.

I fully admit that i wanted to like the '64 Reissue the most, because i liked the white color and kinda wanted a rosewood fretboard to add something different to my small collection of guitars.

However, I sat down and compared all of them and while they were all nice, the '52 RI really got me! I bought it last night and only got an hour or two with it, but man, its awesome! The tone is ridiculously great! You can feel and hear the wood. This guitar was more lively than the others and was lighter in weight. The enormous neck reminds me of my R8, which is a HUGE PLUS. Also, the fretboard edges are VERY "rolled" and it feels great. LOVE LOVE LOVE the nitro finish.

I weighed it last night and its only 6.8lbs! Im very early into the honeymoon phase, but I think i got a great one!!!

Now trying to figure out if i want to start replacing the electronics or not. It sounds great and definitely doesnt need it, but i have a set of noiseless dimarzio pickups that sure would be alot more convenient with the band. I play rock and noiseless is a good thing.

Chris

C-4

Congratulations on the new Tele. :)
While many here do not like them, if you decide to switch them out, consider some type of noiseless pickups. Playing live, I personally have found them almost a necessity. YMMV ;)

rusty

I own a guitar & I'm 3° from Kevin Bacon
Silver Supporting Member
...the '52 RI really got me! I bought it last night and only got an hour or two with it, but man, its awesome! The tone is ridiculously great! You can feel and hear the wood. This guitar was more lively than the others....
man, when an axe speaks to me that way, i leave it exactly as-is...

m.e.

Talking like a jerk except I am an actual jerk
Gold Supporting Member
Nice one! Is it one of the newer American Vintage series or is it an AVRI? I've got an AVRI '52 that was made in 2007 and love it. The previous owner put a sett of Rutters brass saddles on the guitar, but other than that it's stock.

SgtThump

Silver Supporting Member
Nice one! Is it one of the newer American Vintage series or is it an AVRI? I've got an AVRI '52 that was made in 2007 and love it. The previous owner put a sett of Rutters brass saddles on the guitar, but other than that it's stock.
Its the new version. I bought it brand new, actually. They knocked off 15%, which is a few hundred bucks!

daacrusher2001

Silver Supporting Member
Nice, those 52's have great necks...I know what mean about wanting noiseless pups in there tho'...Got 'em in my Suhr (well, the SSCII) and it's huge when playing with a lot of OD and especially fuzz.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom