• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NGD--the day after 57 Strat Relic

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
To make a long story short, I no longer have an R4 Goldtop. (My VOS singlecut Special sounds really close and at least as good, and I like it better, R4 is a lovely guitar but wasn't really going to play it much, so goodbye.)

I do now have a new CS team built 57 Relic Strat. Took some pics this afternoon, here it is, 6 lbs 12 ozs of joy--

9 1/2 " radius, 6105s, soft V profile.

They had a Fiesta Red one too, and I love Fiesta Red, and it really played as well as this one, but something about this one got me. I dunno.

The 57 is not in their catalog or on their website, but I have seen a few on the web, I guess dealers can order them and other stuff too. Definitely team built, not Limited Edition or anything, not a Heavy Relic either. Dave has a couple right now that seem very similar, although Dave's site says the ones he has are RWRP for the middle pickup, and this isn't. The Fender Custom Shop works in strange but wonderful ways!

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
What pickups come in those?
Good ones! And good question. The main reason I was trying to find it on the Fender site was to answer that. I peeked under the hood and they didnt have any markings. My guess is the CS Fat 50s. Ive askedd on the Fender Lounge Ask Mike Eldred. Maybe he'll be able to tell me. But I'm really just curious, its perfect the way it is and I dont see changing anything on it, even the setup is just where I like it.

bluesjuke

Disrespected Elder
Good catch Steve!

Yes, the CS is secretive about the pickups in some models.

Inquiring about the '56 Relic pu's several times with Fender directly the only answer I got was CS '50s pickups.
When I asked if they were the same as the CS Fat '50s or the CS '54s I was told no.

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
I figured out what they are. They're CS Double Secret 50s pickups!

M40A1

Silver Supporting Member
Contact Information

Our Consumer Relations Department exists as a service to anyone interested in any FMIC product. You may reach the FMIC Consumer Relations Department by mail at:

Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
Attn: Consumer Relations Dept.
8860 E. Chaparral Road, Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85250

Telephone: (480) 596-7195
Fax: (480) 367-5262
E-mail: consumerrelations@fender.com

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
I'm curious, but "ones that sound really good in this guitar" works for me too.

Trending Topics