NGD! This is one freaky guitar

harpinon

Saw one of these 6 years ago when a dealer got a prototype. I loved it, but they wanted too much money.
Fast forward to today. A buddy who is a dealer got ahold of one, brand new never sold. The price was right so I bought it.
This was a strange design. Apparently there was no interest, so they never produced them. No name (though I believe its a Galveston) and no serial number.

heavy, thin body bell brass, 2 mini hums, Mahoghany neck with triple binding and a perloid headstock.
You'd think it sounds thin & tinny, but it is massively warm. Gains up real nice yet is squeaky clean as well.

What do you all think?
IMAG0410.jpg

IMAG0411.jpg

IMAG0412.jpg

IMAG0413.jpg
IMAG0411.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0412.jpg
[/IMG]

FredZepp

Silver Supporting Member
Nice details on that ... a very interesting guitar. Very cool look.

Congrats on finding it again.

Chris Scott

Aside from the "coolness factor", based on the fundamental design of a resonator guitar and how they operate, I can't for the life of me get my head around why somebody went to the trouble to produce it, other than, well... the coolness factor, which I must say is pretty darn high.

You're going get a LOT of people commenting on that thing if/when you play it out, and everyone (including myself) is gonna want to try it out.

Rad guitar my friend - enjoy!

harpinon

Aside from the "coolness factor", based on the fundamental design of a resonator guitar and how they operate, I can't for the life of me get my head around why somebody went to the trouble to produce it, other than, well... the coolness factor, which I must say is pretty darn high.

You're going get a LOT of people commenting on that thing if/when you play it out, and everyone (including myself) is gonna want to try it out.

Rad guitar my friend - enjoy!

Its basically a hollowbody electric guitar that happens to be made of brass rather than wood. I was really surprised to find out how warm it was.
Either way, its mine and Im stuck with it. I think I will tune it open and use it for a blues machine.:omg

Okay, 14 fret neck join, no cutaway. This would definitely cut down on wankification, so I'm all for it!!

Seems a novelty more than anything ("freaky" indeed!). What is the logic/reasoning behind the p.u. locations, I wonder?

Wolfboy1

Grandpa but...Not Yet Old!
Silver Supporting Member
That is REALLY nice and unique. I would tune it up ala Keith Richards and seek out my mojo :hiP

Trending Topics

Top Bottom