• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

NGD – Tom Anderson Drop Top

Dzen

My custom order Drop Top arrived yesterday, at long last. I ordered it through World Guitars in May, about a month before The Flood, and it was worth the wait (and alienating several friends by talking about it non-stop for the past 7 months).

I wanted the guitar to reflect the mix of new and old music that influences my playing, so it’s got a fairly modern aesthetic and slim/thin neck, but with vintage-voiced pickups and off-white accents.

It plays beautifully; almost feels as though the guitar is doing half the work for you it’s so effortless. Rings like a bell unplugged too. I haven’t had a chance to give it a proper go yet, because work, but hoping to rectify that asafp.

Merry Christmas, all!

Specs -

Body Wood: Flame Maple Top on Alder
Body Finish: Arctic Blue Burst with Binding
Body Back Colour: Matching Back
Neck Wood: Maple with Rosewood Fingerboard
Headstock Finish: Matching Gloss
Neck Back Finish: Natural Satin
Neck Back Shape: Even-Taper -.020
Scale Length: 25 1/2
Nut Width: 1 5/8
Frets: Low-Rise
Bridge: Vintage Tremolo
Tuners: Locking
Hardware Colour: Chrome
Neck Pickup: SC1
Middle Pickup: SC1
Bridge Pickup: HF2
Switching: 5-Way Add Bridge w/ Splitter+VA Boost
String Gauge: .010-.046

Last edited:

Sean Ashe

Amazing!!! love it :) Congrats she's a beaut and I'm sure she sounds as good as she looks like every other tag

Fingers

What a beautiful guitar! I got a DT in '94 & kept it for 18 years – only got rid of it because the PITA Floyd Rose was causing me to leave strings on for years as well as turn the wrong thing when tweaking tuning. I'll bet this one's even better. Play it in good health & spirits.

ib2010

Gold Supporting Member
Congrats, I've got the same configuration, and it was an instant bell ringer. TA knows how to blend pups and build a clean machine.

Smashies

Gold Supporting Member
My almost-favorite TA finish (just add "natural" as prefix before "arctic") and wood top!! Congrats!! Totes jelly over here.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom