NGD (tomorrow)-Johan Gustavsson Bluesmaster

almost 2 years ago, I was given a chance at a slot for 1 of 2 unique first time creations (the Aged Bluesmaster) by one of the world's best luthier's, Johan Gustavsson. I jumped at the chance, but during the long wait, I had a situation rise up which forced me to pass on the guitar, and It has always been a source of regret ( I know where both of these masterpieces ended up and the owner's truly love them)

Last year I was able to get Johan to greenlight another one of these (#3) and I am super excited that it will finally arrive tomorrow morning ( along with The Green Guy)....Johan is a very humble builder ( unlike some builders who state things like "I am busy building the best guitars in the world"), but Jo was very excited about this one stating "it's one of his best build's in his opinion"...

Like all Jo's BM's, old growth mahogany body, this one has old growth rock maple top ( awesome figure), Brazilian RW board, vintage inlays, Jo's new favorite neck carve, Throbak pickups, a killer Vintage Cherry Burst and is beautifully aged, which I love!!!!(as Jo may be do a better job than anyone at authentic aging)....

Enough of my rambling, here are some pictures.....thanks for sharing my excitement....hats off to Johan for amazing customer service, unparalleled attention to detail, and just being a great person...

A Preview....

Last edited:

jdsgilmour

Suffering from chronic gearitis
Platinum Supporting Member
Awesome guitar, buddy! Can't wait to hear tone reports on this and the green guy. You better post pics!

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
That is a gorgeous guitar. The top looks like old wood. Nice figure. However, I'm pretty sure that is a two piece top, correct? The center seam is pretty visible.

Jaya

Gold Supporting Member
Congrats Supersonic!
BM looks incredible. You are in for a double treat.
Please give us your initial thoughts and tone report when they arrive.

Drowned Rabbit

Black Beauty Beats Burst
Beautiful! The paint and top remind me of '60 Burst. Is it hard to get Brazilian RW into the country?

Beautiful! The paint and top remind me of '60 Burst. Is it hard to get Brazilian RW into the country?
Well, Johan does everything by the book with CITES, but it can still be a major pain in the ass.... I have gotten lucky so far, but have had friends put thru the ringer with customs demanding documents, licenses, etc.....

eddie101

Gold Supporting Member
Very nice and congrats! Have u had a chance to play his semi-hollow BM? I'd love to try that one day myself.

Very nice and congrats! Have u had a chance to play his semi-hollow BM? I'd love to try that one day myself.
I sure have, as I had the pleasure of owning a beautiful vintage cherry one...still regret selling it, but I know Mrfender is still loving it!

eddie101

Gold Supporting Member
I sure have, as I had the pleasure of owning a beautiful vintage cherry one...still regret selling it, but I know Mrfender is still loving it!
So how are they "different" in terms of TONE? Obviously, the body structure of the guitar is different but if I were to assume that the BM is more in line with, say, a LP then is it safe to assume that the semi-hollow version is more open airy sounding a la 335? Don't mean to highjack the thread, I am just curious and interested in both models. Thank you.

Trending Topics