NGD-Veillette!!!

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by leftycajun, Jan 29, 2015.

1. leftycajun

leftycajun Member

Found this on eBay last week. The price was too good not to take a chance on it.

2001 Veillette Mark IV Left handed electric 12 string. It's basically a solid body acoustic/electric, similar to an Anderson Crowdster or the old Gibson Chet Atkins SST's (which were the inspiration for this model, I believe). Poplar body with quilted maple top, maple neck with some nice flame. Wenge fingerboard and Wenge bridge/tailpiece. It has an Alvarez piezo pickup system (at the time these were made Veillette had a design relationship with Alvarez, hence the alvarez pickup.)

A couple things make this interesting: One, it's a lefty! Veillette makes lefties at no extra charge, but their overall production numbers are so low even seeing a righty is pretty rare. That makes this guy even more special. Two, its a standard tuned 12 string. Most Veillette 12's were either baritone 12s or what they call their Gryphon model, a high strung short scale 12. Third, this was some kind of crazy custom order that started life as a nylon string 6 string but was apparently converted to a 12 string by Veillette before being shipped to the original owner.

I'm still dialing in the setup, but it's a pretty cool guitar. I've also talked to the guys at Veillette a couple times and they've been super helpful and very pleasant, answering all of my questions (and there were LOTS of questions!)

Here's some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TDJMB

TDJMB Gold Supporting Member

Congratulations and +1 for Veillette! I've got a Flyer. The construction is top notch and it puts out a lot of volume and tone for a small body. The guys were excellent to deal with. And they've got some very creative ideas.

3. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

That's gorgeous! As a fellow lefty, I'm jealous...