• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NGD: Warning! It's VERY POINTY in here. Safety equipment recommended.

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
She's razor sharp!

1982 BC Rich Warlock II. This is actually a very low serial number (in the fist 100). I'm so glad I stumbled across this one! When I was a kid, I used to frequent Veneman Music in Maryland, which was the equivalent of guitar Disney World. They had isles of Jackson, Charvel, BC Rich, etc. The guitars all my metal heroes were playing. As a young teenager, a $1000 guitar may have well as been a million dollar guitar.

Upon getting it home, I pulled it apart and polished it up, changed strings, and man does it shred like a monster. Super low action, beautiful dark rosewood board, and frets are in great shape. The original white paint is now creme. The bridge pickup is obviously replaced. I'm suspecting this was a single-hum guitar and someone added the neck pickup. There's paint in the bridge cavity route, but not in the neck. Plus, the neck is a very old DiMarzio and I suspect it was the original bridge pickup. It's a stock Kahler, as there's no evidence of any other bridge or hardtail set up underneath. The body bevels are very slight, giving it an almost flat-top. Ahhh, the 80s!!!

Last edited:

B Money

Beautiful guitar, I have always loved the Warlock design. I had a bright pink NJ series in the late 80s.

EADGBE

I believe this catalog entry is from 1983. It may have a little information about your guitar.

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
Nice score. Congrats!
Is it neck-thru?
Thanks! Yes, neck-through. I've added a couple of more pics.
I believe this catalog entry is from 1983. It may have a little information about your guitar.

Cool! Thanks for finding this!! It looks like in '83, they added the active electronics/preamp circuit and associated knobs/toggles. It also looks like binding was available then. The reverse headstock looks great! Wish I had that, but I think the traditional is pretty cool, too. Good to know that it's all mahogany, 24 5/8" scale, etc.

massacre

Gold Supporting Member
Nice
I have the same Kahler on my Custom Shop Flying V, which is a 1983, and very similar color as well.
Congratulations

rsm

Sweet, enjoy!

I dig pointy guitars, purchased one in January, another in December-2016, another earlier in 2016...

Guitar GAS is my weakness :oops:

Go Cat Go!!

Oh man! I had been playing for about 2 years and I wanted one of those so bad back then. You're absolutely correct, $1000 was outrageous for me as well.

Congratulations! That's a beautiful guitar. Love how the color aged.

B Money

This thread has re-ignited my GAS for a Warlock NJ Deluxe, which sort of adopts the LP Custom aesthetic of double bound body, neck, and headstock, and an ebony fretboard. There was one on local CL last year that was calling my name, but I'd look ridiculous playing "Cake by the Ocean" in my cover band....or maybe not...

buddyboy69

I had a mockingbird NJ as a teen. I loved everything about that guitar except tbhe kahler. If it had a floyd id probably still have it. Love those shapes.

xzacx

I'm usually a "the-pointier-the-better" kind of guy, but I've always loved their more vintage-y in-line 6. Looks really cool on Stealths too.

rickcard71

Gold Supporting Member
Cool guitar even though I'd never buy one. I wanted one back in the day (Looks That Kill video). Congrats!

I remember a friend and I were planning to run into a store and run out with them ala Nikki Sixx when he was young (he didn't steal that model)(but I wanted to).

slo100

Really cool guitar! Did it ever have a string clamp? You could always find a hard tail Kahler bridge which would be kinda cool and not require and modification whatsoever.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom