• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NGD: Warning! It's VERY POINTY in here. Safety equipment recommended.

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
Really cool guitar! Did it ever have a string clamp? You could always find a hard tail Kahler bridge which would be kinda cool and not require and modification whatsoever.
Yeah, for whatever reason, the locking nut was removed and a truss cover was put back on. The mounting holes for the locking nut are there under the truss cover. I think I'm going to find a chrome Kahler nut and restore it. Also, probably going to remove the DiMarzio X2N. Great sounding pickup for sure. In fact, it sounds like pure metal! Just don't like the way it looks. I may go with a black super distortion, which is I believe, what the stock pickup would've been in 1982.

cardinal

Beautiful. The Warlock is one of my favorite designs. Terrible that the BC Rich shop has been a disaster for such a long time. I'd love to order a 7-string like that.

WoodyStrat

Congrats! That is awesome, I wanted one sooo bad back in the day! I dreamed of being the guitar slinger in WASP. Thank GOD that did not happen!! :)

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
Here's my '82 Warlock tremolo. This guitar was already for sale in Dallas when that ad came out then I bought it. Does yours have the Pat Pending stamp on the bridge?

I'll check the bridge when I get home. I believe it's the first-year Kahler, so it probably does! Your guitar is a beauty!

slo100

Awesome! Be sure to save that X2N for your next vintage Charvel restoration. Those came stock in many guitars of that day. ;-)

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
Awesome! Be sure to save that X2N for your next vintage Charvel restoration. Those came stock in many guitars of that day. ;-)
Good tip! Thanks man. You know, I love me those of Charvels! Have a few of those lying around too. :)

CJReaper

Awesome guitar, I don't think it's a Warlock II though, the serial number looks like a US Series serial number (hard to tell as I can't see the whole number). If the serial number has a U in it then it's definitely a US series, which was built in Japan and finished in the US. I could be wrong, it's a killer guitar regardless.

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
Here's my '82 Warlock tremolo. This guitar was already for sale in Dallas when that ad came out then I bought it. Does yours have the Pat Pending stamp on the bridge?

@Devnor - My Kahler has the patent number. After some help from this thread and getting info from others who know these guitars better than me, my guitar is likely an 83 or 84. The volume pot has an "83" stamp on it. I'm also learning that the original series from 81-82 had a different serial number system than mine. Also, I hope it was OK, but I sent you PM to learn more about your '82 Warlock. I'm interested in tracking one down someday, but wanted to know if the full maple body made it really heavy? Also, do those active electronics muddy up the tone or are they pretty transparent when not engaged? Hoping to catch up with you to learn more!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom