NGD - Well, new old guitar day, 1994 Fender Tele MIM

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by partsocaster, Jan 31, 2012.

1. partsocaster

partsocaster Member

Super clean, no fret wear, no marks to speak of but......I noticed, the end of the headstock, it says Squier Series in script print though the Fender logo is there, albeit black and it clearly states made in Mexico.

I ran it through the Fender dater and it said Ensenada, Mexico. It has a 5 digit of 11,000+ so I am guessing that's closer to '95 but for an inexpensive guitar, it sounds pretty amazing and it's in amazing shape, pups sound good, the pots are a touch scratchy but I think that's from lack of use and I had to tweak the truss rod a tiny bit, will check the intonation when it settles but I think it's a winner. Single piece neck, guessing around 7.5 pounds, plays very nice, pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. chrisrocksusa

chrisrocksusa Member

I demand pics now, later does me no good.

3. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

I had something like that about a year ago. Nice guitar but the bridge pickup was useless, so I took it back and got a really sweet '11 FSR Tele. Oh yeah, the pots were scratchy on the '94 I had too...If I had kept it, I was gonna change the pots and the switch.

4. partsocaster

partsocaster Member

Since it was pretty cheap, I am going to route the neck for a mini humbucker and throw new pots in it with a push pull on the tone to split the neck.....

5. partsocaster

partsocaster Member

Follow up. I opened the control cavity and it has 500K pots, that ain't gonna do. No wonder it's crisp. I haven't pulled the neck or opened the pick guard but will do so tonight to see what marks are in there....gotta say, this neck is very nice, fret ends are perfect, either someone did a dress on these or they came out of the factory like this, either way I am happy!