NGD x2 I been a bad bad boy......

CharlyG

Play It Forward
Silver Supporting Member
I took my 75 watt Amplifi back and upgraded to the 150 and am glad I did. The bass s crisper, clearer, etc etc. It's not that the 75 is bad, I just like the 12 inch speaker. so that's one.

Yesterday I was fooling around on ebay and ended up winning a Digidesign Eleven Rack!

Looks like my Pod HD is on the market! I'll keep the FBV Express.

And why do demos of digital modelers always go straight to high gain crap? Probably the easiest of "tones" to emulate. IMHO of course.

Last edited:

CharlyG

Play It Forward
Silver Supporting Member
I got the Eleven Rack and now plowing thru the arcane transfer of ownership crap at Digidesign.

I did plug it into the aux in of my Amplifi to check it out and it is all I'll need for fooling around at home. I needed all those cool inputs, and the amps are good enough for me. The only thing was the volume didn't blow me away. Ima try to set it up with a no amp setting and plug the 11R into the guitar jack to see if gets any louder. Don't get me wrong, but it's much louder by itself than thu the aux in, so far.

CheeseGrater

because High Gain is great. :p
:aok:

So OP i've thought about getting an eleven rack before i really got my Pod sounding good. I see you are selling the Pod with the 11R on the way- i'm guessing you think it will be an upgrade? Just curious about your thought process there. I've often wondered how the modeling on the two units compare, especially for live use.

congrats on incoming NGD

CharlyG

Play It Forward
Silver Supporting Member
I like all the I/O stuff on the Eleven Rack, but it's all for home use in my case. My two main criteria are, it needs to be flexible, and EASY to use. I really only need 3 or 4 amp models. I had the HD bean and the I/O is limited. As far as the modelling, not a whole lot of difference, the Pod has more models, especially in the effects. I didn't have much time to use the bean with the Amplifi but what i heard was good. Today I'm spending time getting the FCB1010 set up with the 11R. I got the PROM2 so the hard work is done, now I gotta put on the labels. Midi footswitching seems to be the easiest to use, so I'm giving it a go. No big loss if I end up just using the front panel and editor and end up selling the FCB.

lspaulsp

Gold Supporting Member
Welcome to team ORANGE Charley G.
EQ before and after your life will be better.
Rockin the Orange box.

Trending Topics