NGD x2 (Wolfie and Tele content)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by yacht_rocker, Feb 25, 2015.

1. yacht_rocker

yacht_rocker Member

So, a few years ago I bought a Fender American Special HSS, intending it to be my do all things guitar. I always struggled to find the sound I was looking for with that guitar. I went through four different sets of pickups before cutting my losses with it. It was just a dud, had a nice neck with jumbo frets though. Pulled off a trade at GC for a new MIM Telecaster. The same day, I also ordered a EVH Wolfgang Special (the new MIM ones) from Sweetwater.

I guess it's a testament to the good stuff coming out nowadays, but this Standard Tele is ten times the guitar that I traded for it. Resonates like crazy, and the stock pickups aren't all that bad.

The Wolfgang......wow!! It is also very resonant and the neck.......is a neck even allowed to feel this good? I'm really digging the unfinished maple and I'm glad that they decided to throw jumbo frets in these. The pickups just scream, and it's exactly how I imagined my rock guitar to sound.

The only thing I'm slightly bummed about is the fact the hex screw that fastens the volume control is snapped or stripped so I can't loosen it to realign the marker so that it faces me. First world problems I know.

So there you have it. My quest to find one guitar to do all things was solved by realizing that I really just needed two guitars :aok And now the obligatory family pic:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. AsIs

AsIs Member

Congratulations on your double NGD! I have one of the new MIM Wolfgangs also, and love it so far.

3. rummy

rummy Member

That Wolfgang. Congrats.

4. scottpic

scottpic Member

5. drod1985

drod1985 Member

Killer NGD! I picked up a 3-tone burst MIM Special in December and am in love with it. Coincidentally, a Tele will be my next acquisition as well.

Man, the white finish on that Wolf looks awesome...maybe I need another? :)

6. yacht_rocker

yacht_rocker Member

I know, it's like French Vanilla ice cream. Coincidentally I also considered the Stealth Wolf, but they were out of stock. I'm so happy with this guitar......until string change time. I forgot how time consuming Floyd's can be. But at least it's decked so there's no worrying about balancing it.

7. monty

monty Member

That's what scares me off every time I gas for one. Strat stringing gives me fits sometimes.

8. luv

luv Member

Is it me, or does that wolfie look misaligned? Looks like the high e is almost on the edge of the fretboard. Pics can be deceiving.

9. yacht_rocker

yacht_rocker Member

Yes, after the first string change I loosened the neck and shifted it over a bit. The neck is so flat that I didn't even notice it at first because there was no string slippage.

10. straycat113

straycat113 Member

My first electric was a bootled Tele import in 73 and a Tele will always be my favorite guitar! 20+ years later had to crack for a true humbucker guitar and wound up with an EBMM EVH sig and when he went to Peavey followed suit and still have 3 Wolf Standards and two Specials. Congrats on two wicked guitars and two I could never be without. I have checked out the new MIM Wolfs and found them to be exceptional.