1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Ngd!!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by fuzzface71, Sep 20, 2008.

1. fuzzface71

fuzzface71 Supporting Member

The one on the right!!

Vintage Series 70's Strat!!

[​IMG]

:dude

2. RussB

RussB low rent hobbyist Silver Supporting Member

That's a nice set of Strats! :)

3. fuzzface71

Thanks! I'm happy. :love:

For a few months now. The one on the left is a CIJ '66 reissue, that I've tried for weeks to find a replacement neck, make it look like a '69, but the guitar is just so perfect, the way it is, that I decided.. I'm not gonna mess around with it that much (I even bought parts). So, I decided to just a find one with a rosewood, then decide w/c strat I would keep after.

[​IMG]

Now, I wanted to keep both. but it would just be an overkill of too much cool guitars.

[​IMG]

4. fuzzface71

5. JLee

JLee Supporting Member

What's the neck profile on the '66 like? Had a CIJ '69 and hated the neck. Too thin and narrow. Sweet looking collection!

6. fuzzface71

Well, basically my '66 is a '68-69 in Japan. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.blackman4/68.htm Don't know why..

but a '66 you can only get MIA as a CS.
    http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/...ine-66-Stratocaster-Closet-Classic?sku=517929

True, it's a bit thin and narrow, but what a beautiful guitar. With the right pups, it's just as good as any MIA $1500+ strats! IMO.

I'm thorn right now, because they are both great guitars. I know that I'm gonna regret selling the '66 CIJ if I decided to. :(