NGD's (Fender, ESP content)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Wiretap, May 9, 2016.

1. Wiretap

Wiretap Member

Have stumbled into a few new toys this past weekend. ESP Phoenix II and Fender Classic 60's Jazzmaster.

I already switched the pickguard from my white Phoenix II and changed the knobs/switch tip to amber, as I've always been curious how this would look. Both look pretty good, but works a little better on this black one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my third Phoenix II, (4th counting an LTD version) and I really love these guitars. Always feel and sound great and this one is no exception. Oddly, despite these not being made since 2012 as well as the Standard Series dissolving around the same time- this one was made last year. Apparently apart of a special run for another of their artists. No complaints from me:

[​IMG]

And here is the white one now with the white guard. This one could probably use the Amber knob/switch treatment as well.

[​IMG]

Annndd, the Classic 60's Jazzmaster. I love my Road Worn 50's telecaster and this is kinda the same deal minus the relic'ing, Mexican made, vintage specs and nitro finish, etc. I totally bought this on a whim. Been eyeing them for a while but suddenly had the urge to buy it. One of those "You need this" feelings I imagine a person with an addiction feels except not as damaging to my lifestyle (or maybe?). Gonna take some mods to get this up and running for what I play but I got this for an absolute steal so not too upset about putting a little into it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Already got a mint green guard and some more vintage appropriate knobs for it, probably gonna throw those on during the day tomorrow..

TLDR; guitars and crap.

2. Flight1311

Flight1311 Member

I love that ESP, killer guitar - congrats!

3. jhale

jhale Supporting Member

I have a white Phoenix II as well. Do I need a black one too? Great guitars it's my second one as I missed the one I sold. Didn't think they made then in 2015

4. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Member

HNGDx2! Awesome offsets.