NG'SD

toolshed

I got these guitars in a trade today. Traded some can lights, monitors and misc stuff....
Here is a Yamaha 302s

Here is the squier 51

[/IMG]

tamader74

Great Bang for the $$$ guitars there toolshed, and I will NEVER understand just what Yamaha has ever done to be so undervalued. I own a SSC-500 and it is just one Hell of a 'git., and you would be hard pressed to find another 'Brand Name' guitar of it's caliber at twice the of what they are valued at.

I have way to many guitars, and I just have to unload some of them,...but I've been beating this horse to death most of the Summer, knowing what I need to do, but not wanting too really.

I have even told my Wife, that it's Crazy of me to let 4 guitars I need to unload...when I could/SHOULD sell off some of my Higher end back-ups, and keep these 4 I've been procrastinating over. I'm still keeping my No. 1's, just will have least desirable back-ups that their only crime is they aren't as popular, but still awesome guitars.

It look's as you got one of my favorite kinda' trades, one that's a WIN/WIN, someone needed those can lights monitors, etc., and you got some Cool guitars to play with...ya' just cannot beat those kinda' trades. Tom

toolshed

I really like the way the yamaha sounds... Its crazy. That it has so much resonation. I can't seem to put it down. The 51 plays great too but its lacking in the pickups. Might replace them. Then again, this is just day one.

tamader74

I really like the way the yamaha sounds... Its crazy. That it has so much resonation. I can't seem to put it down. The 51 plays great too but its lacking in the pickups. Might replace them. Then again, this is just day one.
Oh Yeah, I have this early '80s SSC-500 (just a SUPER nice guitar) and have owned a Yamaha LLX-16 A/E that I sold due to Medical issues (Cancer), and it was causing SERIOUS pain when playing it,...

...the Yami. of course is MIJ, BUT the LLX-16 was MIC and the ONLY difference from it and a LLX-26 (MIJ), was it comes with a SSHSC, and the LLX-26 comes with a awesome OHSC...and is a tad over $2300. difference in price from what the LLX-16 will cost you.

My 'acoustic nut' Best Friend I post about is always buying electrics and selling them within a month or so from buying them, he had a MIJ '51 that the 'Bones' of that thing was just stellar, and the pups were, as you said 'meh',...he got a little excited that I wasn't attempting to sell the 8 electrics he bought, and he went down to GC and sold 5 of the electric to them, one being that MIJ '51 I could have shot him,...

...umm, he's a 'buy in masses' kinda' guy, he keeps 60 or so acoustics available at all times, he did cut back on buying when he had a accident this Summer,...he Sold 6 acoustics in a week as he had seen the light he said, the next week somebody shut the light off, as he bought 15 I believe in total that following week...LOL.

If your '51 has the 'Bones', I would look around for the right 'Sauce', as good pups and a harness makes all the difference in them. Tom

toolshed

After having these guitars for a few days, I am really pleased. Its hard to believe that some inexpensive guitars can be this much fun and sound this good. I have to say I'm impressed.

rummy

Silver Supporting Member
I like just about everything Yamaha makes. Love their instruments, home theatre stuff, bikes...

toolshed

Just put the dimarzio dactivator in the 51. The humbucker sounds awesome but the coil tap is very thin and the output is very very low. I wonder if I wired something wrong? Hmmmm

Judas68fr

Great catch on the 51! Those are amazing guitars for the bucks! Pick up/electronic swap and you have a keeper! Congrats man!

Trending Topics