nice looking 18watter !

Gril Grissom

kewl! .... my wife's allergic to bees, though :rolleyes: :D

Gabriel, awesome name :dude

thanks fer posting this pic - ahhhh power colors! :cool:

g

tedwoods

That,s where Pureoldsound's list of boutique amp manufacturers could come in handy!
Moderators,please take note!
Anyway,if you can't find it,it's on the list...search this site.

Ted

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by loverocker
Great colour combination! :)
Nothing personal, but I don't like it!!!! Yucky... Then again ,someone here posted the other day that they hated ORANGE AMPS being ORANGE.. I LOVE THAT and have for 30+ years!!! I love burgendy , red, purple, Konstellations!!!! Yellow and black to me is meant for bees or vw's, or well maybe Converse Allstars!

ERIC

SLG

Sporting a Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
What can I say, "That's the bee's knees." Very cool color scheme. Now it just needs some tilt back legs shaped like wings.

straticus

I really like that! It looks like fun. And if it sounds good, well that's even more fun!

But the grill cloth doesn't seem to match up very well. If it were me I would have gone with another color. Not sure what though.

cocheese

Silver Supporting Member
Here's a shot of my Gabriel Voxer head. GREAT amp! I'm getting tones I didn't even know I was looking for...does that make sense? :D

Gabi is one of the good guys. He builds an amazing amp!!!

I opted for the yellow knobs only. I'm just not that daring, but I do like the yellow. It gives it that Italian/Ferrari look!

Red Planet

I like it but think the grill cloth should be black.

Isnt that Voxer close to the 65 amps amp.

Which came first? Gabriel has been around for awile I think.

6ringing

If a comic book super hero needed an amp...that sucker would be the one.
I recall an early MTV video with David Lee Roth jumping around in black and yellow leotard pants...that would be be perfect there too. :D

cocheese

Silver Supporting Member
Gabi's been around for a while. I have been trying to find someone to make me this amp for a few years now. The furst two guys I aksed said that they'd rather not make that kind of amp, so I got kind of discouraged. When I saw the link to Gabi's site from the 18 watt forum I checked it out. He seemed like a daring builder so I asked him. He said that he's had the plans for that very amp sitting around for a while and that he'd love to give it a shot. He's good friends with Dan Boul as well. Well, the amp turned out simply stunning. I couldn't be happier with anything about it. I'm getting tones I thought I never would.

I did have the opportunity to play the 65 London and the Gabriel two weeks ago. They are both very nice amps but come from different angles on the same concept. The Voxer is an aggressive little guy, whereas the London has a more refined and full-range sound. I don't think that one is "better" than the other, just different. The controls are reversed on the amps as well. That London has to get the GQ/best-dressed award more than any other amp I've seen! The Voxer had got those tartar-yellow knobs! I love the way they make the amp sound. ;)

Trending Topics