Nice score... vocal mics....

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by lespaulreedsmith, Jul 16, 2008.

1. lespaulreedsmith

lespaulreedsmith Member

where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains
    Had to gloat. So I just bought a brand new CAD M179 w/ case and spider shock mount for $129 shipped from Full Compass and then I saw a guy who's like new Audio Technica 4047 didn't sell on eBay so I shot him an e-mail and price...
    He said yes to $300 shipped.
    Yep. Shure KSM27 is up for sale...
    woo-hoo...!

2. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

Can't speak regarding the CAD mic, but the 4047 is a great mic. Congrats!

3. lespaulreedsmith

lespaulreedsmith Member

where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains
    Yeah, a (plastic) hard case big enough to carry 4 or 5 mics in (but the foam is only cut for one of corse) and a spider mount.
    I have already recorded vocals with it (as I was looking for a vocal mic specifically) and I must say... the 4047 is gonna have to be good because this CAD mic is 'smooooth'.
    The KSM27 was kinda 'strident' in the upper mids on my voice (it's great on acoustic guitars and other instruments) so for 'my' vocal mic it had to go.
    I was also watching a CAD M9 tube mic (still am) on eBay but I think I'll hold off till I hear the 4047 for sure. If I don't like the 4047 it'll head to the chopping block also (most folks have been telling me I'll love it here and on other forums).

4. The Funk

The Funk Member

That cad is a surprising mic to say the least. I will eventually have to get a second. Very clean and versatile.