• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Nicky Moroch ripping it up on a Zingaro

les

Platinum Supporting Member
Great tone, great playing... what more could you ask for?

.... More clips!....

Pa'ani

Silver Supporting Member
Awesome playing from a killer player, and a really nice guy to boot!

Dr Git

Nick is a childhood friend of mine....In High School he was nearly this good and destroyed everyone in Yonkers NY....When he was attending Berkeley In Boston he also helped teach very similar to Tomo, although I don;'t know if Tomo was as good as Nick, especially in his High School days...i'll await Tomo to chime in

DøøG

Nick is a childhood friend of mine....In High School he was nearly this good and destroyed everyone in Yonkers NY....When he was attending Berkeley In Boston he also helped teach very similar to Tomo, although I don;'t know if Tomo was as good as Nick, especially in his High School days...i'll await Tomo to chime in
Nick went to Berklee? Didn't know that! I've known Nick from the 80's, good døød........

BTW, nice clip!

Dr Git

I met Nick in 1971 and bought a Guild Hollowbody from him shortly after. I knew his younger brother Steve who was my age (i'm 2 years younger then Nick). Me and Steve tried to form a band at the time but we both sucked ass. Funny thing was Nick was a master even back then, and he never made me and Steve feel like losers, like we were. We just started playing guitar and bass, so we knew nothing. ..Nick and I attended Yonkers High School together and Steve went to Saunders High in Yonkers. Nick attended Berkeley from 1973 - not sure if he stayed and graduated, as he met Lenny White shortly after. I believe he was there at least 2 years. I haven't seen him in years and i was really pissed i didn't attend the experience a few years ago when he was there...He's a fuuny guy and a master guitarist to say the least

DøøG;8783143 said:
Nick went to Berklee? Didn't know that! I've known Nick from the 80's, good døød........

BTW, nice clip!

Dr Git

Nick is one of the few guitarist I know that can play anything, and i mean anything...Jazz, Rock Blues, top 40 equally well (can't remember him playing any classical) Funny thing is in his home we would talk about a band while he was playing, and next thing you knoe hes playing it note for note. I remember one time mentioning i saw King Crimson the other night and all of a sudden the intricate middle part of 21st Century Schizoid Man note for note thru a Fender 70's Twin with no FX or Pedals....He was the first guy I heard that could cop so many tones guitar to amp

chop chop

Nick was at Berklee for just one semester and they did ask him to tutor other students. At 17 he was already reading music and playing for 13 years. His whole family played (Mom on steel guitar)! After that he had a killer prog/fusion band back in NY called Spook The Horse and he hooked up with Lenny White a few years after that. Lenny once told me that Nick took out his guitar, tuned up and had the gig! And yeah, he can play just about anything and most folks haven't heard half of what he can do. And he's a GREAT bass player and a heckuva good drummer (chime in, Dr.Git). Way under the radar for way too long. Where's that NM solo project? Great clip, great site. I'm glad I signed up!

Blix

Norwegian
Silver Supporting Member
This thread needs a bump, that Zingaro clips sounds KILLER, and awesome playing.

Heffjbaby

Sounds really nice! Is he using the Zingaro for both guitar parts? Also curious to know which speaker is in this particular amp?

glaswerks

Sounds really nice! Is he using the Zingaro for both guitar parts? Also curious to know which speaker is in this particular amp?

Nicky told me it was the same amp for both guitar parts. The amp is loaded with a G1265.

From what he was telling me he has used the amp on several albums for various artists over the last several months. If I find out which ones, I will post the information.

Gary

romeintmed

nicky is a super nice guy with NO ego. He is outrageously good -- up there with Verheyen and EJ. Under the radar indeed.

Trending Topics