Nigel Hendroff Scarlett Love Overdrive

treeuh

Just saw this the other day, looks like a sick pedal-- great tones from slight grit to full out overdrive. I know there are a few P&W guys that will dig this, but I imagine it'll make its way onto everyone else's board as well... I heard it in the shop the other day, and I must say, it's probably one of the best drives I've heard... and I've been through quite a few...

http://www.playaplaya.com.au/scarlett-love-overrdrive-pedal

rufe

Silver Supporting Member
it ends up being about $280 shipped to the US.

they don't have any plans of having a dealership besides playa playa in sydney for these, but playa playa may have plans to open a US shop eventually. i'm hoping hype won't be too much for flippers, and I can snag one for a little less used on here in a couple months. it sounds great on the demos, but for me there's cheaper options on here still to try :)

cookedbutok

$275 for a TS/Plexi in a box? No thanks.

Now, if it came with a pair of Nigel's legendary leather pants, I'd have to reconsider.

I think it looks and sounds great! But is it just a boiling point without the paint job? I do like the sound of the middle position which combines the ts and plexi sound...from the demos anyway...

selahfx

Hey guys,

We are very proud of our overdrive. Nigel is a very fussy yet humble guy but is absoloutly in love with this pedal, which from what I hear is a first. I will say that the youtube video is never going to give an accurate sound clip, you gotta here this thing in person!
We are happy with the price, we hand select the very best components available and hand-make our circuit boards. We could mass produce boards and components, but that's not what were about. I'm a self confessed audiophile who obsesses over tone! Anyway feel free to email me with any questions or just to say hi, appreciate your feedback.

Nick
Selah Effects

sksmith66

are we taking bets on it being a $275 tubscreamer with a couple value changes and a standard clipping switch mod?

selahfx

are we taking bets on it being a $275 tubscreamer with a couple value changes and a standard clipping switch mod?
Hey,

Yes it is based on a TS, but we have gone beyond the "Standard" mods. There are some components in this unit which cannot be found in any other TS style pedal. Play one in person before deciding whether its just another TS clone. I have received amazing feedback from the biggest names in the music industry here in Australia and America who love this unit! All the best! :)

Thanks, Nick
Selah Effects

dapeegoo

Silver Supporting Member
Hey,

Yes it is based on a TS, but we have gone beyond the "Standard" mods. There are some components in this unit which cannot be found in any other TS style pedal. Play one in person before deciding whether its just another TS clone. I have received amazing feedback from the biggest names in the music industry here in Australia and America who love this unit! All the best! :)

Thanks, Nick
Selah Effects
Are these goin to be sold in the US?

selahfx

selahfx

Interesting pedal.
Is this what became of the Feather Drive? Or are you still making them?
Yes correct, we will be re-releasing the feather drive as a base model of this. It wont have the diode selection switch, rather just the Plexi clipping and of course be cheaper, but everything else will be the same. We are just finalizing the design, will be available soon!

Talk Soon, Nick
Selah Effects

Trending Topics