Nigel Hendroff's latest board

Roast

lolol They make no cables or plugs for sure. He is doing the assembly of cables.
The plugs are Switchcraft SWC-380 Short Body

rochell59

Silver Supporting Member
This is cool. I wonder what the DD5 reverse/PS3 combo sounds like. Anyone have an example?

Salivan

I watched this and it is very cool cool to see the type of set up he is using now. I just wonder how much all the set up would run with out the pedals. Midi rig, buffers, gizmo and such.
A lot...

Duesenberg 2500
Gretsch 2500
RC Booster 170
Polytune 100
Mastermind GT 22 1900
Ernie Ball 90
Dunlop Volume 120
Effect Gizmo 800
Signa Comp 160
Scarlett Love 260
Scarlett Love 260
POG 215
Scream 200
Scruzz 225
Mulholland Drive 300
Boss Pedals 300
Timeline 450
Mobius 450
Space 500
Mini Line Mixer 200
Switch Gizmo 160
Tone saver 150
Tone Block 400
AC30 1500
Matchless DC-30 3800

TOTAL 17.710

That it just what I've seen... I'm not incluindig cables, plugs, custom made stuff, racks, etc etc etc etc

rufe

Silver Supporting Member
A lot...

Duesenberg 2500
Gretsch 2500
RC Booster 170
Polytune 100
Mastermind GT 22 1900
Ernie Ball 90
Dunlop Volume 120
Effect Gizmo 800
Signa Comp 160
Scarlett Love 260
Scarlett Love 260
POG 215
Scream 200
Scruzz 225
Mulholland Drive 300
Boss Pedals 300
Timeline 450
Mobius 450
Space 500
Mini Line Mixer 200
Switch Gizmo 160
Tone saver 150
Tone Block 400
AC30 1500
Matchless DC-30 3800

TOTAL 17.710

That it just what I've seen... I'm not incluindig cables, plugs, custom made stuff, racks, etc etc etc etc
Don't forget he's got backups of both amps.

1500 for a new AC30 is right on, but I'd be plenty sure he's got older British versions, which will run you a bit more to buy.

slap_back05

Interesting that he runs a direct line now too. How long before all the church sound guys are freaking out b/c their guitarists are wanting to send 3 signals from a single amp rig...

Salivan

Interesting that he runs a direct line now too. How long before all the church sound guys are freaking out b/c their guitarists are wanting to send 3 signals from a single amp rig...
:rotflmao:rotflmao

1500 for a new AC30 is right on, but I'd be plenty sure he's got older British versions, which will run you a bit more to buy.
That's true

suits

It's a vintage AC30. It's not the newer less good ones

treeuh

Yeah, it's all backline on tour... and don't underestimate how much stuff is just given to him.

On top of all of that, who cares? No one looks at John Mayer's rig and does an itemised list... He's a professional musician that is in a band that sells millions of albums. He can get whatever he wants...

I'm not annoyed or angry or whatever... haha, just seems funny that we do that.

shawnshack

Yeah, it's all backline on tour... and don't underestimate how much stuff is just given to him.

On top of all of that, who cares? No one looks at John Mayer's rig and does an itemised list... He's a professional musician that is in a band that sells millions of albums. He can get whatever he wants...

I'm not annoyed or angry or whatever... haha, just seems funny that we do that.
You realize that you are just baiting someone for a religious argument about that, right? Which breaks the rules. So your opinion can't even be challenged.

dbun

Yeah, I was interested to see the Palmer DI-09. They used to always multi-mic the amps, so it's interesting to see them go to a single mic on the front and the Palmer DI.

Then when I searched, it turns out it is a very common practice and many pros are doing it: Keith Urban, Joe Bonomassa etc.

We dual-mic our amps at church, but I'm now looking more into this Palmer DI to replace one of the mics. It will be much easier and quicker to only have to place one mic, rather than fighting two mics + stands in a cramped ISO box.

What I found really interesting was the completely dry send from the Tone Block, rather than renting another Vox/Matchless as a dry amp.

witafro2

I was talking to some of the guys on the Hillsong LA team about gear and the MD there goes stereo out to a Palmer DI and then to a Vox or Fender miced with a 57, F.O.H. then blends the two as needed. Seems to be the way to go now for consistent tone.

Salivan

If you have ever thought that Droff can't get by without his huge board watch the Hillsong Creative training videos on YouTube. He dumbs down his rig to just a DD-5 and Divided By 13 Joy Ride to show that the everyday churchman and younger players don't need all that. Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oT8XP9hKQHQ
I disagree. But, hey! That's just me.

I don't think it is possible for that genre to live with 2-3 pedals.

Trending Topics