• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Ninevolt Pedals Thread

Tritone

I bought a 1927 Homerun King compressor based solely on the Brett Kingman demo. I didn't see a thread for this company on TGP, so I figured I'd make one with a bit of info I have about the company. They have a Twitter account here. This seemed to be the closest they have to a website?

Anyone else know more? Unfortunately, my Japanese isn't good enough to read the entire manual and my girlfriend's English isn't good enough to translate it for me.

As for the pedal itself, it sounds great! It's my 3rd compressor after a Ross clone and a Diamond Compressor, and while I don't have either of the previous compressors around to compare with, I can say I am more satisfied and impressed with the 1927 Homerun King than I was with either of my previous compressors.

I'm definitely considering picking up their delay and distortion pedals!

EDIT: Found their English site (under construction) here: http://www.ninevoltpedal.com/

Last edited:

Nevets

Silver Supporting Member
I got a Ninevolt Relaxing Walrus delay pedal in the mail today. I fully admit it was the graphics on the pedal that sealed the deal for me. That walrus is so me it's not even funny. But it's actually a really nice sounding delay so I'm very pleased. I'm not sure it isn't just a caline/joyo/valeton/whatever knock off under the fancy graphics but I don't care. I love the thing so far.

Nevets

Silver Supporting Member
The "Fishing is as Fun as Fuzz" pedal I ordered at the same time as the Relaxing Walrus Delay finally showed up yesterday. It rocks. Easily my new favorite fuzz pedal.

Glitch Magnet

I bought a 1927 Homerun King compressor based solely on the Brett Kingman demo. I didn't see a thread for this company on TGP, so I figured I'd make one with a bit of info I have about the company. They have a Twitter account here. This seemed to be the closest they have to a website?

Anyone else know more? Unfortunately, my Japanese isn't good enough to read the entire manual and my girlfriend's English isn't good enough to translate it for me.

As for the pedal itself, it sounds great! It's my 3rd compressor after a Ross clone and a Diamond Compressor, and while I don't have either of the previous compressors around to compare with, I can say I am more satisfied and impressed with the 1927 Homerun King than I was with either of my previous compressors.

I'm definitely considering picking up their delay and distortion pedals!

EDIT: Found their English site (under construction) here: http://www.ninevoltpedal.com/
Any idea what "high-end studio compressor" this is supposed to be based on?

Tritone

Any idea what "high-end studio compressor" this is supposed to be based on?
No clue. I ended up buying a Keeley 4-knob and A/B'd it against the 1927 and much preferred the 1927. In fact, I sold the Keeley after just a week or two. The Keeley was good for a very squashed, effected sound, but the 1927 sounded more natural and transparent. The Keeley at 1 was about as much compression as the 1927 at ~5.

Glitch Magnet

No clue. I ended up buying a Keeley 4-knob and A/B'd it against the 1927 and much preferred the 1927. In fact, I sold the Keeley after just a week or two. The Keeley was good for a very squashed, effected sound, but the 1927 sounded more natural and transparent. The Keeley at 1 was about as much compression as the 1927 at ~5.
Can you comment on its noise? Is there any hiss added when you turn it on? I have an Empress, which i love more than any other comp I've tried, but i sometimes long for the silent operation of the Mirage or Maxon CP101. The 1927 demos sound amazing for a simple 2 knobber (I'm ignoring the tone knob). If it's really really quiet, I might grab one.

Tritone

Can you comment on its noise? Is there any hiss added when you turn it on? I have an Empress, which i love more than any other comp I've tried, but i sometimes long for the silent operation of the Mirage or Maxon CP101. The 1927 demos sound amazing for a simple 2 knobber (I'm ignoring the tone knob). If it's really really quiet, I might grab one.
I find it to be pretty darn quiet. I can't say I've noticed any extra noise.

triviani

Silver Supporting Member
I like the 1927 compressor better than several other compressors, it's really good. The Fishing fuzz is also a great muff.

The Animals series are excellent, as they are Skreddy's Rover Fuzz and Rust Rod but with funny enclosures.

kingdavidy2k

I had all 3 Diamond comps (Regular, JR and SL), Mad Prof, Keeley, Analogman BiComp, One Control Yellow, Janglebox.
The 1927 was instantly wowed me as soon as I plugged it in. Sounds heaps more inspiring than the others in my rig.
I sold it cause gas got me to get the Diamond SL. Plugging in the SL was a let down for me coming from the 1927. So I sold the SL got another 1927.
Now all is well again.
I'm not even gasing for any other comps.

Don't get me wrong the SL was great. But the frequencies and feel under the fingers are much more pleasing and inspiring on the 1927 to me.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom