NIPD!!! Hexe: The Carrier III

Ruiner

New Incoming Pedal Day!

This has been being made custom for me over the last 8 weeks and i paid today and it's being shipped!!

The pedal to end all pedals!! Custom made in Germany i believe... only a handful of these out there.

HEXE: The Carrier III

Massive fuzz sounds, spiced up with analog octaver (+/-1 octave) and an ultra versatile ring modulator combined into one dommsday sonic texture generator.

Features:

Octaver controls:

Octave Mix - -1/Dry/+1 octave blender knob,
Octave ON/OFF - switch,
ON - the Octaver is activated together with the Fuzz,
OFF - the Octaver can be activated by holding the Fuzz footswitch pressed (momentary action, the octaver is bypassed when the footswitch is released).

Fuzz controls:

Low End - 3 position switch, controls the "fatness" of the fuzz sound,
Fuzz - gain, drive, amount of overdrive,
Tone - tone control knob,
Volume- fuzz output volume,
Mid Boost - 2 position switch, adds more mid range,
Resonance - low end boost, interal trimpot,
Gate ON/OFF - noise gate ON/OFF switch,
FUZZ Footwswitch - a short click toggles the Fuzz state. This footswitch shares some functions with the Octaver part.

Ring Modulator controls:

Frequency - carrier base frequency, the incoming audio signal is multiplied with the carrier wave,
Carrier Wave - waveform selector switch. There are six available waveforms:
Sin
Triangle
Square
Ramp Up
Ramp Down
Hypertriangular
Mix - Dry/Wet mix control.
Ring Tone - 3 position switch, lowpass filter for the ring modualtor sound, center position = OFF,
RING Footswitch - activates/deactivates the ring modulator.

LFO controls:

Ramp/ENV/LFO switch - ramp/envelope controlled or plain LFO modulation mode selection switch,
Speed - LFO rate,
Depth - LFO amplitude control, works together with the Frequency control,
Symmetry - phase distortion control for the LFO waveform, allows to further manipulate all the LFO waveforms,
LFO Wave - waveform selector switch. There are six available waveforms:
Sin
Triangle
Square
Hypertriangular
Stepped
Random
LFO/Ramp Footswitch - short click in LFO mode activates/deactivates the modulation.

Ramp Generator controls:

Ramp/LFO switch - ramp or LFO modulation mode selection switch,
Speed - LFO rate controls also the ramp up or down slope,
LFO Footswitch operation:
short click - Ramp Up/Ramp Stop,
held pressed - Ramp Down, released - Ramp Stop.

Other functionalities and tech specs:

Intelligent True Bypass - if all sections are switched OFF the pedal goes into true bypass,
FREQ Exp In - expression pedal input, controls the carrier frequency paramter,
SPEED Exp In - expression pedal input, controls the LFO Speed paramter,
Power requirement - 12V AC, 500mA adap
ter.

Mine is the only one with this new feature though where you are able to use all three sections (octaver/fuzz/ringmod) independently. The previous one had the fuzz and octaver linked together. It can still this too but now this adds way more functionality.

I. CAN'T. WAIT.

Last edited:

smellybelly

Sorry if this seems like an obvious question, but what do the footswitchs do?

Was it expensive? Seems amazing!

InkblotNebula

That thing sounds absolutely righteous.

Videos weren't working for me, you only need the part of the link after the /

Ruiner

Sorry if this seems like an obvious question, but what do the footswitchs do?

Was it expensive? Seems amazing!
It's all explained above but here it is broken down:

FUZZ Footwswitch - a short click toggles the Fuzz state. This footswitch shares some functions with the Octaver part.

LFO/Ramp Footswitch - short click in LFO mode activates/deactivates the modulation

It's about $600

elevenstrings

Congrats Ruiner... looks/sounds like a great pedal! I love my Hexe Revolver II.

Personally, my only issue with this pedal would be the lack of presets. It's capable of dialing in so many amazing sounds, but takes a lot of work getting favorite sounds dialed in again... great for studio/recording but really tricky to use live (unless you only use one or two sounds). My PLL is like this with 12 knobs and 3 switches and 0 presets.

Ruiner

Congrats Ruiner... looks/sounds like a great pedal! I love my Hexe Revolver II.

Personally, my only issue with this pedal would be the lack of presets. It's capable of dialing in so many amazing sounds, but takes a lot of work getting favorite sounds dialed in again... great for studio/recording but really tricky to use live (unless you only use one or two sounds). My PLL is like this with 12 knobs and 3 switches and 0 presets.
OooOOoo i like what i've seen from those Revolvers!

Presets would be a welcome addition but i'm mostly using it for studio recording and may have one or two sounds dialed in when playing live so it'll serve its purpose.

smellybelly

It's all explained above but here it is broken down:

LFO/Ramp Footswitch - short click in LFO mode activates/deactivates the modulation

It's about $600

Thanks for the info! Very, very tempting!

Ruiner

Finally did a quick recording with a lot of Hexe Carrier in it. I did what i call "The One Hour Challenge" where i challenged myself to write, record and mix a song in an hour. This is the end result. The Carrier is the fuzz in the beginning as well as the swooshing LFO noises you hear underneath and also the ring modulation in the middle of the song.

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/ruiner-6/the-pink-fluffy-wall[/SOUNDCLOUD]

if you prefer Tonefinder, here's the link there:

http://www.tonefinder.com/files/881422628353-errythang.mp3

Ruiner

I want one badly since I've seen yours Ruiner, but it's no more in production.
No, sadly he stopped making them. I think mine may have been the last one if i remember correctly and MAY have been the only Carrier III version... not sure about that though. Only about a dozen were ever made.

It's unlikely, but if i ever decide to sell it, i'll let you know! :beer

tguyfr

No, sadly he stopped making them. I think mine may have been the last one if i remember correctly and MAY have been the only Carrier III version... not sure about that though. Only about a dozen were ever made.

It's unlikely, but if i ever decide to sell it, i'll let you know! :beer
Why not ;)

Ruiner

I have a Hexe Carrier III !
it's really a wild beast and can do so so SO much !
Nice! One of the few, the proud. :beer

Definitely does a lot! Was a little overwhelming at first and difficult to dial in but I have the hang of it now and love it!

Hey guys, I also have The Carrier III :) Let's make a club :> The last one is The Carrier III B which is slightly upgraded.
There's one on eBay currently but it's too expensive.

Ruiner

Hey guys, I also have The Carrier III :) Let's make a club :> The last one is The Carrier III B which is slightly upgraded.
There's one on eBay currently but it's too expensive.
Yeah $750 is a lot but not terribly higher than the original cost considering there's only a dozen in existence and no more will ever be made....

Club Carrier!!

If any of you owners have clips I'd love to hear what you're doing with it!

Trending Topics