NKD: Moog

wideawake

The wife got me a Sub Phatty for Christmas. I had been looking at one for about 3 or 4 years, she said it was time to just get it. The Phatty sounds awesome and it a blast to play with. I am thinking of getting a Beatstep to map all the hidden functions and also sequence it. Pretty exciting.

71strat

I love MOOG stuff.

I don't have any key stuff, but I have several of the Mooger/Minifoogers, and they ALL are great. I'm sure your Sub Fatty is just as stellar.

champion ruby

I'd avoid the beatstep as it's abandonware. Slow knobs, pads are awful and it's frustrating as a sequencer. Sub phatty is great fun.

wideawake

That is the first negative report I have heard on the beatstep. Is the pro version equally poor? I would like to control my modular synth, drum machine, and sub phatty from one hardware device.

Astronaut FX

Silver Supporting Member
Go with the Beatstep Pro over the Beatstep. Way more bang for the buck.

Congrats on the Sub Phatty. I have its cousin Slim.

p.j.

I like my Beatstep version 1. No complaints. I use it as a interface for the iPad to control synths and as a sequencer for synths.

champion ruby

That is the first negative report I have heard on the beatstep. Is the pro version equally poor? I would like to control my modular synth, drum machine, and sub phatty from one hardware device.

The pro version is decent. The v1 beatstep double triggers with the pads, can't transpose on the fly and the knobs are too slow for filter sweeps and other knob functions. For the price maybe I expected too much but when something doesn't work as advertised it is money wasted IMO. I want gear that inspires not gear that causes frustration.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom