NKD (New Koll Day).....

zeppo

Just got this yesterday from Saul, more detail forthcoming after I've played it a bit but I had to post pics....

Mahogany body & neck
Brazilian board
Gotoh 510 trem
Lollar mini-hums
Locking klusons

You can assume it plays as good as it looks.

h.

tommc

Supporting Member
Very nice. Unique. I'm interested your opinion of the Lollar minis as I am thinking about getting some for my LP Deluxe.

Telecaster

Congratulations ! That's a great looking guitar....actually....it's one of the best looking guitars I've ever seen.

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
With so many S and T type models, clear-dyed, 10 top LP variations, and just plain ugly custom guitars, Kolls always stand out as being great looking, creative, and original. I like it!

joek86

Silver Supporting Member
Jesus H Christ! That is one of the cleanest, classiest looking Duo's that I have ever seen. Congrats....great choices!

What color is that and what color is the back and sides?

~Joe

motofuq

Man, that guitar is completely badass. I love everything about it. Sleek, sexy, fast.. just cool as hell. Beautiful axe Saul.

zeppo

Top is aged white (I've always like '60s white sgs and asked saul to make it look like the aged ones I've seen). Back and sides are a darkburst, I forgot to take a pic but I'll get one.

WRT the mini-hums, I really have to play with them more, they're really open and chimey sounding, I need to see how they work with the band before I can say for sure if they are "it" for this guitar (which I intend to be my gigging guitar). I would use them for sure though in another if they don't work out here, it's nice to have another tone in the palette other than the traditional humbucker/strat/tele. I know I love to tinker so I have saul route for full size hums also and make the guard so it could take p-90s, we'll see what wins out.

Thanks for all the comments, I let Saul know I was posting so I'm sure he'll check in here sometime soon.

Harris

Jaya

Silver Supporting Member
Saul pushes limits with every new guitar.
Each time when I see his new creation I say same thing, "One of most beautiful guitars I ever saw, Saul is DA MAN".

Congratulations on your new guitar!

Jaya

Trending Topics