No gain on interface

nolanhoffman

Hey TGP...new here but anyway...i'm running a line 6 ux2 into logic pro 9 and i've downloaded all the correct drivers an what not but when i plug in my interface everything goes as expected and i have everything i need selected on logic but no sound comes through...the needles don't bounce or anything...any ideas? please help? thanks

GregoryL

I'm not very familiar with that interface, but does it have a meter or other indicator to confirm its signal level?

If it does and it's showing a signal then I'd troubleshoot your logic settings.

Do you have the line 6 interface selected as the input on the track.

Do you you have the track record enabled.

nolanhoffman

I'm not very familiar with that interface, but does it have a meter or other indicator to confirm its signal level?

If it does and it's showing a signal then I'd troubleshoot your logic settings.

Do you have the line 6 interface selected as the input on the track.

Do you you have the track record enabled.
yes it has a meter and the meter is NOT showing a signal

i HAVE the line 6 interface selected as the input

I HAVE the track record enabled

HELPPPP

ellpolo

dang that was my best guess, try a different input, logic is screwy and my input 1 is actually my input 2. go figure

LSchefman

Trouble shoot this way:

Start with the interface. Don't worry about Logic at this point, see if the interface itself works. I'm going to assume for the moment that your interface might work in standalone mode, that is, disconnected from your computer (some will, some won't).

If your interface has a headphone jack, plug a pair of cans into it and see if the interface itself is getting any signal. If it's not, just to be on the safe side, try a different cable from your guitar or mic to the interface. If the interface has a switch (or software switch), make sure it's set to "instrument" or "Mic" or "line" as appropriate for the source signal.

If the interface has input level controls, make sure to try them. It could be a matter of level.

If you're using a mic, and if it needs phantom power (condenser mics come to mind), make sure it's switched on.

If the interface is working through the headphones, the next check is your cable to the computer. I've personally experienced brand new firewire and USB cables that were bad, right out of the box. So try a known good one.

Make sure that in Logic your input monitoring button is engaged, as someone previously suggested. The "I" button doesn't prevent the track from receiving and recording audio if it's off, it simply enables you to monitor the signal. A reason to have this option is to be able to use a recording console's input channel to monitor the live signal instead of monitoring it through Logic.

Make sure also that you have selected the interface in Logic's preferences, etc.

Ooogie

You have to have Gearbox running and make sure you have the correct source selected (Instrument, Line or Mic). Also make sure the HW Meters are set to display the Input then you should see them move as you crank up the volume on your guitar...

Mark

nolanhoffman

You have to have Gearbox running and make sure you have the correct source selected (Instrument, Line or Mic). Also make sure the HW Meters are set to display the Input then you should see them move as you crank up the volume on your guitar...

Mark
you are the man!!!!