• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

no line for the ladies room at Rush concert...

RickC

So for my oldest daughter's birthday, I got her and her boyfriend tickets to see Rush at TD Garden in Boston this past Tuesday. Not only had she never seen Rush before, she'd never even been to a big arena show before. Needless to say, it was quite the experience for her.

She loved the show, but said one thing was strange - there was no line for the ladies room, and her boyfriend complained about long lines for the mens. I just laughed...

:D

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
Pretty much every major sporting event or concert i've been to, I've seen fed up women using the men's room. Doesn't really bother me any, but if you want to sit down on a toilet in a men's room on game day, you will be punished accordingly.

2HBStrat

I laughed when I read your thread title.....good one! But now you've got to get her tickets to something that SHE actually likes, not something YOU and her boyfriend like....

RickC

I laughed when I read your thread title.....good one! But now you've got to get her tickets to something that SHE actually likes, not something YOU and her boyfriend like....
I left this detail out, but she ASKED for Rush tickets. It was totally her idea. And she seemed genuinely excited about going

/rick

Jamalot

I was at the show and joked with the beerstand guy that it was an easy gig to card. Then he called me by name, although not currently in possession of my CC or ID, and then I felt weird... Must be a new tactic, like waiters asking "how is everything tasting?"

2HBStrat

I left this detail out, but she ASKED for Rush tickets. It was totally her idea. And she seemed genuinely excited about going

/rick
Oh, that's cool.....just giving you a little grief.....Rush is a great band, and awesome in concert.....I'm sure she had a good time.

chrisr777

My daughter would love to see Rush.

Of course, when I took my wife she hate it. But that was 30 years ago and she hasn't seen them since.

acwild

I saw quite a few women at the Philly show last night. One was right in front of me dancing to YYZ. I was going to take a video for proof but then thought it might be a creepy thing to do.

RickC

Oh, that's cool.....just giving you a little grief.....Rush is a great band, and awesome in concert.....I'm sure she had a good time.
Ha, yeah I got your drift :). To be honest, I was pretty surprised when she asked. Felt really good too; a birthday gift I really enjoyed giving

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
I have a mistrust of any music that seems to attract a disproportionate amount of one gender at the expense of the other. Having said that, I don't really have anything against Rush.

es3456

So for my oldest daughter's birthday, I got her and her boyfriend tickets to see Rush at TD Garden in Boston this past Tuesday. Not only had she never seen Rush before, she'd never even been to a big arena show before. Needless to say, it was quite the experience for her.

She loved the show, but said one thing was strange - there was no line for the ladies room, and her boyfriend complained about long lines for the mens. I just laughed...

:D
now thats funny

Spider-Man

Silver Supporting Member
Wait, what? I thought it was now culturally acceptable to use whichever room you most identify with??? Long lines at one, just go to the other. :bong

I thought the percentage of women at the Columbus show was higher than normal for a Rush show. Probably 20% or so.

jape

On the other end of the spectrum... I went to an Indigo Girls concert with a female friend.

The concert was on a college campus in the football stadium. The line to the ladies room was over 70 yards long. They were conveniently standing along the football field yardage markers so it was easy to see the length of the line! Too funny. I wish I would have grabbed a picture.

Of course, I walked right in to the men's room & had my pick of urinals. Groups of ladies kept running in to use the men's room. No worries - I was pretty sure they weren't in there to check me out. :)

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
On the other end of the spectrum... I went to an Indigo Girls concert with a female friend.

The concert was on a college campus in the football stadium. The line to the ladies room was over 70 yards long. They were conveniently standing along the football field yardage markers so it was easy to see the length of the line! Too funny. I wish I would have grabbed a picture.

Of course, I walked right in to the men's room & had my pick of urinals. Groups of ladies kept running in to use the men's room. No worries - I was pretty sure they weren't in there to check me out. :)
LOL! When my wife and I went to an Indigo Girls show in the '90s, women were making out all around us. As they didn't mind the straight guys watching, naturally, we were cool with it. Their version of Uncle John's Band was excellent even if they were blasphemous in changing the line "******, well I declare" to "Sister, well I declare" (I wonder how they'd like people editing their originals).

P.S. The software here censors G-d d-mn?!

Astronaut FX

Gold Supporting Member
Ha, yeah I got your drift :). To be honest, I was pretty surprised when she asked. Felt really good too; a birthday gift I really enjoyed giving
Are you sure she really wanted to see them? Or did she know that her boyfriend did, so she asked because she knew it would make him happy?

Girls do that sort of thing. I think they tend to consider the happiness of others over their own more so than guys do.

RickC

LOL! When my wife and I went to an Indigo Girls show in the '90s, women were making out all around us. As they didn't mind the straight guys watching, naturally, we were cool with it. Their version of Uncle John's Band was excellent even if they were blasphemous in changing the line "******, well I declare" to "Sister, well I declare" (I wonder how they'd like people editing their originals).

P.S. The software here censors G-d d-mn?!
This thread has taken an unexpected twist

:)

Trending Topics