No love for Wampler Reverb?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jesus freak, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Jesus freak

Jesus freak Supporting Member

Just curious if anyone uses it , or hates it. Im a Wampler fanboy, but I haven't heard anything about this pedal.

Anyone....?

2. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Supporting Member

Haven't tried it yet, but the demos are good. I am trying not to get sucked in by all the Wet Reverb warm fuzzies going around, but I have to admit the Wet demos sound pretty darn good too.

A tough call, that's for sure. Seems like reverb pedals are more closely competitive than OD's or other types. What I know for sure is the reverb pedal I end up with will not say "Boss" on it.

Itching hard to try the Wampler stuff.......:hiP

3. Jesus freak

4. dabluesman

dabluesman Member

Faux Spring Reverb is a great pedal! One of the most transparent I have found. I started out with a Boss reverb pedal but found it to be cold and digital sounding. Then I tried a Mr Springgy, but hated the way it brightened my base tone. Next was the Wet (mono), but it also brightened my tone but not nearly as much as Springgy. Then came along the Faux Spring, bingo! great spring sound, didnt brighten my tone but does seem to boost or buffer my signal. At that time I was also demoing the Mesa Transatlantic TA30 amp and was able to match it's spring reverb unit with the Wampler very convincingly. I didn't keep the TA30 but I did keep the Faux Reverb. Then I bought into the Wet (stereo) hype and A/B'ed it with the Wampler and decided to keep the Wet (stereo) on my board. I will never get rid of the Wampler, but it is now my back-up.. I don't think the Wampler can be beat for "spring" reverb.

5. dnauhei

dnauhei Member

I found it too pingy. Returned it.

6. TStrope

TStrope Member

Great reverb pedal. Been through a bunch, this one stays. Way to go Brian.

7. Jesus freak

I still haven't tried it. Im sure it sounds good, I haven't played a Wampler that didn't sound good.