No More Barber Pedals????

CJReaper

Just saw a post on Facebook from Dave stating that as of September 2020 their pedals are no longer in production. Sounds like an issue with finding a vendor for enclosures. He didn't say they were gone for good but it sounds like that's a definite possibility. That sucks, I LOVE his pedals and own three at the moment. Hope he can find a vendor and get the enclosures sorted, would hate to see Barber go away.

ChampReverb

Silver Supporting Member
Just saw a post on Facebook from Dave stating that as of September 2020 their pedals are no longer in production. Sounds like an issue with finding a vendor for enclosures. He didn't say they were gone for good but it sounds like that's a definite possibility. That sucks, I LOVE his pedals and own three at the moment. Hope he can find a vendor and get the enclosures sorted, would hate to see Barber go away.
I just saw that too.

Bummer.

-bEn r.

Hofnarr

Bad news!

Vhailor

Supporting Member
@Vhailor: here is a response (#267) from Dave Barber where he talks about the supply problems presented by the Pandemic. (He has a few other posts in the thread where he talks about it as well):

Good link!

But what I'm now wondering, is why we haven't seen more builders with this same problem (or maybe other people have seen it and it's only me to whom this is news.)

InkblotNebula

sorry but does not sound plausible to me. It’s a box. Should be easy enough to source a box, or boxes in this case.Does not make sense.
Its a custom box. Not an off the shelf Hammond. He also needs a case manufacturer that can paint and silk screen in house. Dave doesn't do much volume so he goes to the back or the line at best.

kakev

Its a custom box. Not an off the shelf Hammond. He also needs a case manufacturer that can paint and silk screen in house. Dave doesn't do much volume so he goes to the back or the line at best.
great change to go back to the larger box which i believe to be generic.I for one liked the design better. Still waiting for classic black dd with push/pull tone pop up locally. That’s like only dirt pedal I regret selling and I’ve sold quite a few that people pay arm and a leg these days..

SubApathy

Supporting Member
I'll draw the short stick and see if @David B will chime in on TCG.

David, did the pandemic halt your enclosure supplier? And when everything resumes (assuming that it's an enclosure issue and the supplier resumes production) will Barber resume production?

Thank you!

kakev

Yeah, I hear you. I was merely unhelpfully speculating :)

i did some reading, you propably had the keyword there, the covid. Seems like it’s declined sales which leads to missing business case to search a solution and to go through it. Too bad if this issue with enclosure is the last straw and they’re closed for good. Player friendly prices, good products and no ******** marketing, what’s there to not like Barber pedals.

PhuzzphayzZ

oh, so now I HAAAAVE to get a GCSR ASAP:mad:

c'mon people

I think Mr. Barber should ask each Customer for an old OD pedal to put his new guts into... I mean, if you want his pedals, would you sacrifice an enclosure?

It's time to ditch the Hollywood aesthetic and go back to 2007-11... any box will do... it's almost MadMax time, so, SteamPunk should come back in vogue