No More Barber Pedals????

Jim Marciano

Supporting Member
Before covid and the tarrifs a few major suppliers shut down, I saw alot of builders who do smaller numbers trying to find enclosures, everything has been compounding pretty much all year, really hope to see him come back

Sorry @PhuzzphayzZ I think I just bought the last reasonably priced gcsr on the net

tonedover

Silver Supporting Member
he actually mentioned back in March (?) in a thread here about his issue with finding the right enclosure size and that it would eventually become a problem

something about changing vendors

(obviously) must not have found a useful replacement vendor

if he ever reads this, i enjoyed all three of his pedals that i owned, 2 of which were bought direct

DreamTheaterRules

Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs
Silver Supporting Member
I hope this is only temporary. David is one of the best pedal builders, and one of the best guys in the business. I ALWAYS have more than one Barber pedal on my board and have for years now.

David, if you’re reading this, I have a box of powder coated pedal cases. Leftovers from my pedal building days. Not drilled, but you could do a small run of pedals with hand drawn labels. They are free to you if you want them and I’ll ship on my dime as well. I think there’s at least 15 or so. And I think they are the same size cases as the older DDs, LTDs, etc. PM me if you are interested.

Last edited:
Sad news. My Gain Changer is a cut above just about anything out there. I had contacted Dave in early August about a Direct Drive V4, he had told me 2-3 months and the painful wait began. I luckily snagged a mint one on Reverb about a week ago for $130. I’m sure the seller will be kicking himself. I’m glad to own these two monsters and I wish Dave all the best. Hopefully it’s just a bump in the road...

BenTobith

Symmetrically Hard Clipped
Gold Supporting Member
Would be terrible if true.

Received my first Barber pedal today (Direct Drive v3) and it’s the most impressive overdrive and Marshall “in a box” sound I’ve ever heard. Absolutely huge.

Jaredt771

This honestly seems a bit hyperbolic - every response that David has made in his thread on Facebook points toward wanting to find a solution and that he still loves building pedals and is not burned out or anything. Furthermore, I would think that if he was “done done” his statement would be a bit more “thanks for all the support over the years,” etc.

HaloMaster

Silver Supporting Member
Man, I have been waiting on the stealth black enclosures for a few months now. I check his sight almost everyday! Then I saw the notice today! That sucks! Hopefully it will only be a short time!

DGAS

It would truly suck if Dave stopped building.

I've been a fan since way back, and have owned numerous of his drive pedals, but through thick and thin, and up against some of the best in the business--including KOT, FD2, Timmy, vintage TS808s and a slew of others I can't even remember--the mighty Direct Drive has slayed them all.

I effing LOVE that pedal.

Grendel2000

Supporting Member
oh, so now I HAAAAVE to get a GCSR ASAP:mad:

c'mon people

I think Mr. Barber should ask each Customer for an old OD pedal to put his new guts into... I mean, if you want his pedals, would you sacrifice an enclosure?

It's time to ditch the Hollywood aesthetic and go back to 2007-11... any box will do... it's almost MadMax time, so, SteamPunk should come back in vogue
I ran that by him almost a month ago. I told him people don't care about the paint job - just get blank enclosures and people will buy them. I also suggested letting people pre-order to get his cash flow going. He obviously doesn't seem enthusiastic about these ideas, which is a shame in my opinion.

dpgreek

Supporting Member
Damn Dave is amazing. Hopefully he can figure something out. Wish him the best

Trending Topics