No More Eminence!!!

• Thread starter diminishedlogic
  • Start date
D

diminishedlogic

I'm sorry, I've tried... I hate the governer cab! I HATE IT to pieces! I love the sound with the treble turned down, its got amazingly beautiful mids. But I can hear this terrible harmonizing thing on the 15th fret of my e string. and I can hear this buzzing in the amp almost, and no its not distortion it only happens on 3 frets. I cant take it. F- Eminance. 1 up to dave at avatar incredible customer service.

......now.... the question is..... WHAT DO I DO NOW?!?!?!?!

I need lush cleans and warm gutsy o/d sound! WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!! the speaker sounds like DUNG!!! theres this massive high mid range peak that just makes it unlistenable. I found it great with a BLANKET over it believe it or not. when i cranked the volume with a blanket over the amp the high midrange was virtually gone and i just had miles of gutsy tone but with this buzz and harmonizer effect. It killed me!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

Unburst

The harmonizer effect is "cone cry" if you do a search you'll throw up a bunch of info about it.

It's not exclusive to Eminence but there is another thread about just this problem running right now.

LithiumZero

If they are 16 ohm speakers, I'll swap you two Celestion G12T-75's out of my Marshall 1960A Cab for 2 Governors. PM me

Igneous

Silver Supporting Member
having both of those speakers in the same cab , you might get some strange power handling because of the diff. ratings.
btw-cheers

Bluzsteel

I have 2 , Tonkor , Swamp Thang .....great speakers, thanks to Dave at Avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no crying here

el34power

Originally posted by diminishedlogic
I'm sorry, I've tried... I hate the governer cab! I HATE IT to pieces! I love the sound with the treble turned down, its got amazingly beautiful mids. But I can hear this terrible harmonizing thing on the 15th fret of my e string. and I can hear this buzzing in the amp almost, and no its not distortion it only happens on 3 frets. I cant take it. F- Eminance. 1 up to dave at avatar incredible customer service.

I need lush cleans and warm gutsy o/d sound! WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!! the speaker sounds like DUNG!!! theres this massive high mid range peak that just makes it unlistenable. I found it great with a BLANKET over it believe it or not. when i cranked the volume with a blanket over the amp the high midrange was virtually gone and i just had miles of gutsy tone but with this buzz and harmonizer effect. It killed me!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!
How long have you had them? I had a Private jack that i hated at first. Just when i was about to toss it it started to smooth out. Before you panick.... I plugged the headphone out of my stereo into the low gain input of my amp and let it play for a couple of days. :cool:

Tomo

You just don't like it. I love my Governor. I can use it.
Foe me ,govenor has nice balance tone ... I don't know
what exactly looking for?
Please e-mail me. I can buy it from you... so forget about
this.

I offer fast ricky love to but his Govenor ...but someone
already offer him... I offer fast ricky love more ...but
he sold to the first person.

music@tomofujita.com
I will pay you by paypal right away..
e-mail me please.

PS, Could you tell me

Which guitar?

What amp?

Setting? Vol Treble Bass

Any pedals?

I am just curious.

Thank you for your time.

Tomo

ericb

Gold Supporting Member

That's sort of a funny post!!! The Governor is one of my favorites I've ever owned.. I have at least 30 different Ev's, Jbl's, Pas, Fane, Celestions, Jensens, Eminence, WEbers,etc at home and the Governor is in the top for sure!!!!! You either have a blown speaker, a totally faulty speaker, or you haven't learned how to dial your amp in yet to match different cabinets, as you sound so frantic like the Governor sucks and it pretty much is the opposite of suck!!

ERIC

Phloored

Originally posted by Bluzsteel
I have 2 , Tonkor , Swamp Thang .....great speakers, thanks to Dave at Avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no crying here

I have a tonker and it sounds great, very balanced and can generate some colossal low end. Harsh in the highs for abought 8 -10 hours and then very balanced and smoove.............

L

Leucadian

This thread was started by the same guy who said the Suhr's guitars were just a notch above an off-the rack Strat. After reading that entertaining thread, you have to wonder about this one.

"F- Eminance."

Come on.
:rolleyes:

Tomo

Originally posted by eBay
I almost couldn't believe my eyes when you made the offer to pay him full price for them and there was total silence. This is the danger in getting caught up in rage, the ability to hear goes away.

I have some simple advice for people that buy something and it doesn't work in their application...

eBay!

I was a bit late. He sold his governor to his first guy.

You are Right! He should sell his at e-bay. So I can offer
higher!

Thanks for your suggestion!

Tomo

D

diminishedlogic

I'm still covered under the 2 week return policy at avatar speakers.

I'm running through a parker fly, into a boss gt-6 into carvin tube power amp.

Set up with bass at 10 mids at 2 treble at 11 presence (on power amp at 12.

S

StratMatt777

F- Eminance. 1 up to dave at avatar incredible customer service.

... but with this buzz...
You can't say "F-Eminence" based on one speaker.
Yes it sounds terrible (unless you have a low gain amp)- even after 4 weeks of break-in, but that doesn't mean that everything they sell is crap. However I don't know since I haven't tried any of their good speakers.

Now I'm getting worried because you say Dave's return policy is only 2 weeks.

I thought I should wait for at least a month of break-in since Celestions need break-in time too, but the Gov is not getting any better.

Actually I thought it sounded dlightly better for its first couple hours of use before it had done any break-in... then it eventually settled in on it's permanent ultra-mushy fuzzy sound.

Honestly, it's sound blown to me so I will just tell Dave that I think it is defective- because I do think that is entirely possible.

Maybe Avatar got a bad batch?!!

Since others here love the Gov and that's seems impossible to me based on this Governor I keep trying to "break-in" to make it sound better.

It never happens.

Scott Peterson

TGP Co-Founder and Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by StratMatt777
You can't say "F-Eminence" based on one speaker.
Yes it sounds terrible (unless you have a low gain amp)- even after 4 weeks of break-in, but that doesn't mean that everything they sell is crap. However I don't know since I haven't tried any of their good speakers.

Now I'm getting worried because you say Dave's return policy is only 2 weeks.

I thought I should wait for at least a month of break-in since Celestions need break-in time too, but the Gov is not getting any better.

Actually I thought it sounded dlightly better for its first couple hours of use before it had done any break-in... then it eventually settled in on it's permanent ultra-mushy fuzzy sound.

Honestly, it's sound blown to me so I will just tell Dave that I think it is defective- because I do think that is entirely possible.

Maybe Avatar got a bad batch?!!

Since others here love the Gov and that's seems impossible to me based on this Governor I keep trying to "break-in" to make it sound better.

It never happens.
Your whole post sorta begs the question; and the answer is noted above... the Gov isn't the speaker for your application.

Try another speaker. Chalk it up to experience, Ebay it and then look for another speaker to fit your needs better.

It is just a part of the journey.