• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

No more Pink Flesh?

Ben C.

Dayum....... Glad I have #001 here.
Hehe... I've got #20 and #109... so one with the "original" transistors, and one with the new transistors. Neither are for sale ;) . I understand why he decided to d/c the new pedal, although I must say it's not bad by any stretch! Yes, A/B'd with the original I prefer the original, but if I wasn't directly A/B-ing, I'd probably have a harder time choosing which I liked better. BUT - I understand where Marc is coming from; if it isn't up to par with his ideas of the sound he's going for, then it should be d/c'd until the right components are available.

-Ben

Dave

I'm sure Marc would have continued building it if he could. I give him credit for pulling the plug instead of putting out a Pink Flesh that's too different from the original to be called a Pink Flesh, or simply inferior.

Bloomfield fan

Silver Supporting Member
I was all ready to buy one when he put it back up. I certainly understand his reasoning for discontinuing and commend him on his decision for pulling a successful product as I am sure it was a very difficult decision. I think we would all agree we would rather not buy a new version of this pedal which did not sound as good as the original. I can't wait to see what he releases next.

fuzzfan1

Ha I read your title and thought "sounds like a personal problem to me".
Ha Ha! It is kind of a personal problem, seeing that I sold my Pink Flesh and was looking to get another. However, the Pink Flesh you're referring to hasn't been a problem in the last 11+ years of marriage! Thanks for your concern though! :AOK

Skreddy

Silver Supporting Member
Does anyone know the serial number from where the "original" transistors were replaced with "new" transistors?
All remaining orders will be filled using the original transistors. Only Ben has that version (and a certain dealer in a certain city/state/nation/island has a few), and I intend to return them all to original specs if their owners will consent.

Ben C.

All remaining orders will be filled using the original transistors. Only Ben has that version (and a certain dealer in a certain city/state/nation/island has a few), and I intend to return them all to original specs if their owners will consent.
Wow - I feel kinda honored.
That said, I just shot you an email to see if it can be modded back to original spec. :D

(now get to work on that delay!! :AOK)

james russell

Whoa, that was a close call. I ordered a Pink Flesh in December. It will be my first Skreddy and my first Muff style pedal. I'm stoked that Marc is filling existing orders!

James

Ben C.

Aren't the Top Fuel and the Pink Flesh the same thing?
No.

I think you're confusing the Top Fuel and the Pinkmour which were different in box cosmetics only.

The TF and PF are very different... the former sounding more like a distortion (Delicate Sound of Thunder), and the latter having more muffy, fuzz characteristics (The Wall, and I'd say actually, modern David Gilmour 'Remember That Night' fuzz tones).

-Ben

Trending Topics

Top Bottom