No one's ever used a string bender better than this.

DRS

Marty Stuart's the Liberace of country music but I love him.
I've lsitened to this clip several times now and it just gets better and better. Awesome!

Last edited:

JefeMaximo

Huge Member
Nice. Most players make a big show of using the bender, rather than blending it into the solo like this - and like a good pedal steel player would.

Wagster

Supporting Member
I'm a huge Marty Stuart fan. For another cool B and G bender approach I really like Jimmy Olander.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Gold Supporting Member
that's just freaking great!
thanks for the reminder!

GerryJ

This is real different, but still great by Marty, his version of 'High on a Mountain top".
If you don't want the blues intro, the 2nd part starts at 4:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDO13ZSiseE

I think Marty might have the original paisley B-Bender from the late Clarence White.
He's the real deal, the hair and clothes are fun stuff that's icing on the cake.

Dumdeediddle

That's some really fine playing. I had trouble looking away though. Had never seen him in a Video and man, is he weird.

67blackcherry

It's stuff like this that confirm my thoughts of buying a cheap MIM tele and installing a B-bender.

And....Marty is a ripper, love the hair and clothes and the way he was hamming it up for the camera!
Thanks for posting.

cob666

That's nice playing, I also noticed he has Scruggs tuners as well. I found this picture of his guitar online and in addition to the B-Bender, there is what looks like a palm controlled E-Bender. Pretty nice setup.

(Edit: OK, I had no idea that this was Clarence White's original Bender Tele, awesome!)

Last edited:

Jd3

That's nice playing, [/IMG]
Understatement of the thread ! :roll I'm not a country guy, but man that was some cookin' tele music that got my blood pumpin' :phones Thanks for posting Jim -- my exposure to B benders at first was Jimmy Page's 'riff' in the song Radioactive ... not even close to the finess of Marty Stuart. :aok

Trending Topics