• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

No power supply for Keeley Loomer?

Newbie question here; please be gentle.

So, I ordered the Keeley Loomer fx box. It arrived. I was dismayed that I can't plug it in and try it out with my guitar right away as it doesn't come with a power supply.

Surprised the vendor (Chicago Music Exchange) didn't happen to mention this; I would have gladly bought one separately. That is, if they even sell one!

What do folks do in this situation? I see nothing on Keeley's own website for chumps like me who didn't realize there's no power supply included? Where do I turn for a power supply?

The-Kid

Pedal Art: CIOKS/Vboutique/Providence Dealer
Vendor
Newbie question here; please be gentle.

So, I ordered the Keeley Loomer fx box. It arrived. I was dismayed that I can't plug it in and try it out with my guitar right away as it doesn't come with a power supply.

Surprised the vendor (Chicago Music Exchange) didn't happen to mention this; I would have gladly bought one separately. That is, if they even sell one!

What do folks do in this situation? I see nothing on Keeley's own website for chumps like me who didn't realize there's no power supply included? Where do I turn for a power supply?
If it takes battery start there otherwise just get a OneSpot or Boss adapter and if it is 9 volts DC you should be set.

The-Kid

Vendor
Thanks, noticed that in the fine print.

Just realized that the other Keeley I bought, the Keeley Monterey fx box, also lacks a power supply.

So should I buy a TrueTone 1Spot kit with the daisy chain cords, and I'm good to go?
Yup, pretty much :)

Cheers and congrats on the new pedals man!

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, noticed that in the fine print.

Just realized that the other Keeley I bought, the Keeley Monterey fx box, also lacks a power supply.

So should I buy a TrueTone 1Spot kit with the daisy chain cords, and I'm good to go?
I’d recommend something with isolated outs like their CS6 etc. The daisy chain thing is a POS

slide13

Silver Supporting Member
If you’re going to run multiple pedals I’d suggest a good isolated power supply. Some low draw analog pedals will do fine with a daisy chain, but start mixing in digital and things can get noisy.

Someone else already mentioned the CS6 from TrueTone, that’s what I run myself and it’s been excellent for me. Well worth the money.

The-Kid

Vendor
While I always advice a dedicated PSU of some sort for builds this seems rather small and well seems like OP is just worried about simply powering the units as easy as possible.

Once you have 4 or more pedals then consider a PsU. Until then your kind of set with just an adapter and daisy IMO but a dedicated PSU is always an option and not a bad investment for current pedals and for working into your future build too.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Daisy chaining digital pedals can get noisy, but those are from the same guy, have very low current needs and should be fine with a 1-spot type daisy chain. If you get more pedals then you MIGHT need a decent power supply. OTOH, you can find 9v vintage power supplies all day long at Goodwill for $2-5. Just make sure the jack is the right kind and the polarity is right and almost any PS will work for those pedals.

Trending Topics