No Solo !!!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by ToneZappa, Jan 10, 2008.

1. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

2. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Totally cool Bub!
    As would be expected from you dude

HJ

3. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Cheers Bub. it's cracker too, much fun to be had.
    bestest

4. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Thanks Harry J and Woody as you can hear its not a track as such just a errr mood!!! that ticks along..............thanks for listening.
    :BEER

5. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Totally dug it ...
    Very Hypnotic ....

6. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Thanks Joseph actually I can really hear you playing over this doing your "Sparks Of Lydian" thing. (I love that track of yours) :AOK

7. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Had to revisit and say that this has been going round my player for days TZ.

The melody and the feel is equisite. Just out of curiosity, how did you approach writing this? start with melody? or by starting with modal idea ?

8. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Thanks for the kind words ...

I luv what you're do so much in this, bwouldn't want to step on anything ...
    Plus I can only imagine what beautiful sustain lines you could come up

Ya know ...This is just superb ... one of my favorite clips ever ...

What would you call this groove by the way ..
    is this based on any particular African feel ..?

9. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

incredible. You want to produce my cd? :)

10. Mike T

Mike T Member

Gorgeous. Love that quartal harmony. My room turned a dark shade of deep green and vines started growing out of my walls.

11. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Cheers Woody........as far as the writing it was Bass Riff then a chordal melody thing taken from another track of mine that was in D min (dorian) and slid down a half step to E Maj (lydian) then more chords and fills. A three note chord is a big one for me.
    Check out Jzucker,s post http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=337607 It covers every chord in this track it could have been about me !!!! #7th post :AOK

Thank you so much Joseph but I can still imagine you playing this. As far as the groove......well I did play in an African band for sometime years ago. But I don,t think it came from there. (Its just a British thing !!!) :D

Wow hey Jack that would be a cool thing !!! :eek:

Thanks for the kind words....errrr sorry about your room !!! :BEER

12. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

Bub for some reason I think you could pick up a guitar that was totally out of tune and manage to make magical music with it anyway.Your inner light always seems to come through in your music. AWESOME.:AOK

13. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Hey Tex thanks so much thats a really nice compliment.........Cheers. :AOK

14. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

The melody contains a very useful really safe note arpeggio. You can use the same pattern in 4 different areas. Just slide it down, so this will work on the 7 modes of the major scale Ionian etc.

The melody has extra notes this is just the naked arpeggio.

----14---9------------------------------------9-------
    -------------12--------------------------12-----------
    -----------------11-----------------11---------------- JUST REPEAT
    ----------------------14---9---14---------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------

So you could start it on the 16th fret, 14th fret, 11th fret and 9th fret. Its really important to play it on other groups of strings to get the total freedom. I,m sorry if this is to simple for all of you guitar dudes but sometimes those simple things can spark off something amazing.!!!

15. Londoncalling

Londoncalling Member

Tonezappa,

That was awesome! My 10 year old starting dancing to it spontaneously. Fine playing, and it sets a mellow mood.

When I sit down to noodle "just for fun" that is what I think I wished I sounded like!

16. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Brilliant Bub. Mind if I borrow that for SOS III / IV ? I'll give you credit for it!

P.S.

Leave out the repeated note on the bottom of the line and it's a perfect swept lick

Edit.

Haha - It's already in SOS 1. Ex. 4.4.1 :)

17. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Thanks London!!!.............. My 5 year old boy couldn,t stop dancing to this as well. He calls it "kartoffel music"!!! (he speaks english and german and a bit of music)

18. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

I think most people would probably play this across the strings (without the wide stretch) but my fingers work in a funny way, I can,t sweep or pick really fast I hold the pick like a pencil so there is alot of movement which is not good. So I tend to play with my hand really stretched out most of the time and my little finger just whips those strings. (its not a pretty sight)

Just read your edit............OMG how embarrassing :jo you probably have most things coverd in your books, tapes and videos. Had a look at your website and I,m so glad to see you are doing a DVD ....great news.

19. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Cheers Bub!

thanks for this and the harmonised section too. I use harmonised scale approaches a lot when messin with new ditties or padding for new scale practice, but the melody's sometimes are a little longer comin. I really should exploit the arpeggio approach a little more, very nice useage on this tune. Big old stretches there fella - where's the ice!

ah yes indeedee - Jacks fourths idea is really cool -love the tonaity it generates. Kickin myself for not exploiting fourths more before....doh.

:D