No Sound W Volume Pot on 10

dwk302

I installed a set of pickups in my LP last night. They seem to work fine, except I lose signal/sound with the bridge volume pot on 10. I get my signal back if I roll off the volume knob to 9. Any ideas what could cause this?

bgmacaw

It's probably grounding out. Make sure that the pots aren't touching anything, like the ground wire or shielding. Also make sure that the pots are secured well so that they won't turn inside the body when you change volume.

dwk302

Not sure if that's the problem because it works normally otherwise. It just has no sound/signal when maxed.

dwk302

It's probably grounding out. Make sure that the pots aren't touching anything, like the ground wire or shielding. Also make sure that the pots are secured well so that they won't turn inside the body when you change volume.
Thanks. I'll double check that. The pickup has vintage braided wire so this could be a real possibility. But of that's the case, it shouldn't work at all, no?

bgmacaw

Thanks. I'll double check that. The pickup has vintage braided wire so this could be a real possibility. But of that's the case, it shouldn't work at all, no?
I had this exact problem with my Agile when the pot got loose. Low or noisy output can be another symptom, it just depends on where the bad contact is happening.

Trending Topics