No Stairway!

RRfireblade

I'd like to add (into to) Sweet Child 'o Mine to that also. What else can you not stand hearing chicken scratched at full volume in a music store or where ever?

Stairway.jpg

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
i haven't been to a guitar place in quite a while, but in all the years that i went to them, i'm not sure i ever heard Stairway played.
now a few times a few years ago when i went to GC, would hear lots of loud ripping solo stuff played!!

the one i remember mostly was back in summer of 1985, at this one guitar store i would go to in my hometown that is now closed, still remember this guy playing the beginning of Dokken's It's not love....i thought that was really cool, and i think i still remember to this day how to play the opening part of it!!!!!

Bammer77

Man, having worked many years in guitar stores, I have a few songs on my "no play" list, but Crazy Train and Seven Nation Army are at the top of it. Dishonorable Mention to Seek and Destroy, Back in Black, and the solo to Hotel California. Mind you, I like all these songs, but for god's sake, learn to play the properly before plugging into a loud amplifier and proceeding to make customers' and employees' ears bleed!
Other pet peeves were the Sunday Blues Strummers, a group of middle-aged white dudes who would come into the shop every Sunday, pick up a couple guitars and proceed to swap the most soulless and overplayed "blues" licks you've ever heard in your life for an hour. Then they'd sometimes buy a dollar's worth of picks, but most often buy nothing, and leave the store.
I could write a sitcom based on my experiences working at guitar stores.

NSDQRKR

Man, having worked many years in guitar stores, I have a few songs on my "no play" list, but Crazy Train and Seven Nation Army are at the top of it. Dishonorable Mention to Seek and Destroy, Back in Black, and the solo to Hotel California. Mind you, I like all these songs, but for god's sake, learn to play the properly before plugging into a loud amplifier and proceeding to make customers' and employees' ears bleed!
Other pet peeves were the Sunday Blues Strummers, a group of middle-aged white dudes who would come into the shop every Sunday, pick up a couple guitars and proceed to swap the most soulless and overplayed "blues" licks you've ever heard in your life for an hour. Then they'd sometimes buy a dollar's worth of picks, but most often buy nothing, and leave the store.
I could write a sitcom based on my experiences working at guitar stores.
C’mon man you pick up a RR Jackson V and not warm that bad boy up with Crazy Train

Me Myself & I

I went to a shop once with my brother in law and he proceeded to play Stairway…I couldn’t believe it and the clerks rolled their eyes. I was mortified.

Ferg Deluxe

Platinum Supporting Member
haven't been to a guitar place in quite a while, but in all the years that i went to them, i'm not sure i ever heard Stairway played.

Me either. Maybe it was a thing 35 years ago? I almost feel like that was a problem that was invented as comedy for the Wayne’s World movie.

I’d say it’s mostly rando noodling these days. Also lots of chug-chug-yooowww. Or chit-chit-yeeee for anyone not noodling on a Cliff Chase invention. :D

AintNoEddie

+1 to "never ever heard Stairway in a music shop". I'd love to hear it, in all honesty. Most cringeworthy to me is Nothing Else Matters intro with bad timing. So I hear lots of Metallica from middle aged guys (ahem, my age...). No idea what the kids play, can't recognize.

ChickenLover

Silver Supporting Member
When I worked at big warehouse-type jobs where you can blast music all day, if SCOM came on you could hear me yell; "Nooooooooooooooooooooo" from across the warehouse as I ran to the music box to fast forward to the next Pandora choice.

That song is nails on a chalkboard to me.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom