No verification on Kemper site

Pseudohobbit

I'm trying to register for an account on the Kemper site, but I can't get in contact with anyone. Anybody else have this issue or know a mod I can contact? Kind of irritating that I can't gain access since I just bought one.

Dead-Pan

I'm trying to register for an account on the Kemper site, but I can't get in contact with anyone. Anybody else have this issue or know a mod I can contact? Kind of irritating that I can't gain access since I just bought one.
If I recall correctly I had to register as a non owner first then enter my serial after.

Pseudohobbit

I sent an email to Kemper support. Guess it'll take a while to get back. I've now tried to register with three email accounts and no notifications. The KPA I bought is used, so I guess I'll have to contact them about that too. hopefully, the service is as good as everybody around here says. :(

DaveNJ

Gold Supporting Member
I just tried - it says it could take up to 48 hours for them to create your account...

ColdFrixion

They have to personally authenticate your account. Give it 24 to 48 hours. They'll send an email letting you know when you're good to go.

Pat6969

Silver Supporting Member
You can still use it and edit presets without being registered I would hope?
Of coarse you can. It's just like registering anything else. It gives you access to a registered owner user forum on the Kemper site, but there is still the regular forum as well.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
Of coarse you can. It's just like registering anything else. It gives you access to a registered owner user forum on the Kemper site, but there is still the regular forum as well.
Ahhh OK. Makes sense. Not sure how the Kemper forum is, but I prefer a generic forum such as this one. Not sure how heavy the mod hand would go when it's the company hosting the forum sells the gear in question.

Pat6969

Silver Supporting Member
Ahhh OK. Makes sense. Not sure how the Kemper forum is, but I prefer a generic forum such as this one. Not sure how heavy the mod hand would go when it's the company hosting the forum sells the gear in question.
Well, there's definitely more of an adult atmosphere over there, more so than any other forum I'm on. Not pointed at you, just in general. Doesn't mean this one is bad, it's fun when you're in a silly or argumentative mood, if I want to be serious, I go there.

JerEvil

Silver Supporting Member
Well, there's definitely more of an adult atmosphere over there, more so than any other forum I'm on. Not pointed at you, just in general. Doesn't mean this one is bad, it's fun when you're in a silly or argumentative mood, if I want to be serious, I go there.
Yeah it's pretty grown up but still enjoyable. I also like that we Kemper'ites are not bashers of the "other guys". I rarely if ever see someone talk down another modeling platform.

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
It's a great forum. Lots of nice people and someone will always chime in to help you out. I'm not a user anymore but talked with some very nice people there and picked up some great tips.

db9091

Gold Supporting Member
I think the days of "bashing" have diminished as the FXII has become what it set out to be. Initially it just didn't have the tone that the Kemper could get and now it can get authentic inspiring amp tones, as well as being a very good FX box.

The difference is you can profile your amp with the Kemper and it's tone is there. The FXII has to be dialed in, and if you lack the talent, it's tough. If you lack the talent for profiling, you'd have to resort to hiring someone or finding/buying a commercial profile.

The major difference to me comes down to knowing the Kemper won't alter it's tones. The FXII's pace of tone altering has diminished this past year to a point it's not really significant (and hopefully will stay that way) I also trust Kemper a bit more in terms of supporting the product long-term, whereas the history of Fractal is abandonment, but, that said, electronic gear, especially for the home user who uses good surge protection, pretty much have a decade or two/three of no worries if they want to stay static.

The other difference, the FXII being a true modeler vs the Kemper being a static setting profile, for me works because I know the KPA tweaks similarly to every profile when it starts departing from the authentic tone (in other words, I know how it will handle) so that with the easier interface makes it a true Plug-n-Play.

But the FXII has the advantage of an editor and deep tweak-ability for unique tones.

So in the end, they are similarly jam-ful, tactically different enough to target differing audiences or those rich enough or needy enough to have both units.

Bashing is just a straight up put down, but in the past, there was truth to some statements labelled bashing. But now those statements are rendered false with the continued upgrade to both units (namely the FXII's tones have improved immeasurably and the KPA's effects have and this year will move to a level that is very competitive with people's pedal boards)

In theory I would have both, but I don't want to get caught up in the rabbit hole of learning curves and choices, so I pick and stick with one. Truthfully, that could be either one, but I stick and have stuck with the one that I think will have more long-term support. Customer support is key to me with gear that I use extensively, but when you marry that to a corporate vision of extended support (i.e. 10+ years) then I'm all in. As long as the base product meets my needs.

And that's the bottom line: what meets your needs?

journo

Tried that. Still doesn't send a verification email.
A friend of mine had that problem recently with his verification mail. For some reason the verification mail sent out from a server that was thought of as spam and was sent to the trash in my e-mail. Try looking in your mail trash and you will possibly find it there. I found it there, clicked on it and was immediately verified.

Cheers,

Mats N

Trending Topics