1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Nobels ODR-1 With Less Bass

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stucker, May 21, 2011.

1. stucker

stucker Member

I love my ODR-1, especially with an ash Tele on the bridge pickup. However, with an alder Strat or when using the neck pickup I often wish the bass could be cut just a bit.

Are there any bass-reduction mods for the ODR-1? Is there a similar transparent overdrive with less bass (or a tone knob to reduce it)?
    Thanks.

2. drolling

drolling Member

Funny, that's the very thing I like about the ODR-1; It doesn't suck out the low end like most tubescreamer-type overdrives do.. If I want that sound, I go to my trusty MJM Blues Devil, a straight-up 808 clone, but the best I've heard

I've also heard that there are a couple ODR-1 clones available, one of the main criticisms being that they're 'thinner' sounding than the original design - At the time I read the review, it didn't strike me as a good thing, but perhaps that's exactly what you're looking for

3. theraygun

theraygun Member

4. RomanS

RomanS Member

Supposedly the Rockett Chicken Soup is an ODR1 clone with a bit less bass...

5. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member