1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

nocaster love

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by DavidG, May 24, 2011.

1. DavidG

DavidG Member

yea yea, I know there are a bazillion threads already, but I just got mine finally set up with a calaham bridge & saddles and got to play it LOUD(er) for the first time. Damn, what a fine guitar I have on my hands.

Was thinking of trading it a few weeks ago because I thought the neck was going to be a problem. I've been playing a 95 strat plus (modern radius) for the past 15 yrs, so this has been a pretty big change for me.

Played it with some old band mates yesterday a good 3 hrs straight and NO hand cramps or anything. I think I'm in love:drool

side note: I was playing it thru a Tone Monk seed of life into a fender prosonic. The TM is a keeper.

2. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

I love the Nocaster neck, too. What made you want to change out the Fender bridge? Better intonation with Callaham saddles?

3. DavidG

DavidG Member

Yes, that and it just rings out in a more musical way..imo. The action seemes to be better also. It was feeling a bit stiff with the nocaster pat-pend bridge that came on it. The calaham is a great product, and Bill was great to deal with.