Nocaster vs. Vinetto tele

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by thesweetness, Mar 18, 2008.

1. thesweetness

thesweetness Supporting Member

From what I've gathered, both of these are top notch and excellent players. Booming resonance, great classic sound. Anybody own/played both? Likes, dislikes, similiaries, does one exceed the other in any way in terms of build, quality, consistency? Nocaster or Vinetto artifact. What do you think?

2. pedalcr8z

pedalcr8z Supporting Member

I own a Nocaster NOS and it is the kind of guitar that still takes my breath away each time I open the case. Fit and finish is Fender's best....neck is to die for........sonically it is truly spectacular. I converted mine to modern day wiring........can get smooth Wes Montgomery/George Benson type jazzy riffs to early Jimmy Paige to Keef and Ron Wood raunch to Paisley and seemingly everything in between. It mates well with ANY amplifier.........mine goes into a '57 Twin Tweed, my son's goes into a few Mesa's.....
    Mk IIC+, Stilletto Ace, MK IV...........I've used several Dr Z's with mine...Mini, Maz Jr NR and Maz Jr, Carmen Ghias, several Victoria's....Champ, Bassman, Deluxe, several Fenders....DRRI, BassmanLTD, Hot Rods, several Riveras......Quianna, Fandango. Loves Orange amps also......had a Rocker 30 for a while.
    I have NOT found an amp that it doesn't get on with but it's REALLY special with TWEEDS!!!!!. IMHO it is truly the best that Fender crafts......I'm sure the Vinetto versions are glorious also but will cost you TWICE the amount and I would be hard pressed to believe that they will sound twice as good.:BluesBros

3. telesquire

telesquire Member

Vinetto all the way.The quality is way above that of a regular Fender CS guitar.Fretwork is perfect.Top quality hardware.Lollar pickups incredible.Neck pockets watertight.And atleast they are the right shade of butterscotch blonde, unlike the Nocasters which are just YELLOW! I've owned both.I still own dozens of top quality Tele's.My 2003 Nocaster was sold after a month.I still have my 95 Nocaster though which is a much better guitar.
    Go try a Vinetto.Secondhand they go for around $1800.If you can live with the non-Fender headstock shape...you won't look back.

4. Redfish

Redfish Member

DITTO!

5. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

It depends entirely on the particular guitars being compared.

I have a CS Nocaster I like better than my Artifact, but I like the Artifact better than other Nocasters.:cool:

6. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

Yup.

7. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Both of these posts should be used as a reference for every "X" vs "X" thread that comes along here.

8. pedalcr8z

pedalcr8z Supporting Member

Didn't realize that they were damn near the same price:BEER

9. justin

justin Gold Supporting Member

I had a really great early nocaster. Best sounding tele I had ever owned. Only complaint was its playability. Had to fight it. Got used to it but still wished it had the playability of the Andersons Ive owned. Of course none of them had the sound of this nocaster.:bkw I decided to try an Artifact based on comments here after selling the nocaster. Best move Ive ever made tele wise. Finally, a nocaster that not only sounds great but plays great. It actually intonates perfectly too! I think the price is a bargain for what you get. Compare it to other flatter radius nocasters like the Wildwood 10s.

PS I dont play the headstock or the decal.:D

Justin