• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Noel Gallagher rips himself a new one.

clarkydaz

guys this is just noel, he isn't even particulary on form there, if you're ever bored just go on youtube and search noel Gallagher interviews, he is a goldmine of wit, sarcasm and swearing

Dumo

Silver Supporting Member
He kind of reminds me of Steve Jones. Good stuff. I love people that are zero BS.

jammybastard

"I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."
Gold Supporting Member
He's always been like that. Best quote's in rock. Funny as hell.

If you like the "no BS" then watch this interview from 2012.

https://vimeo.com/47653114

His take on the music biz and why it's in the dumps is great.

“The rules of the game have changed.
Albums are made by committee and focus groups.
The consumer has become all more powerful now… the consumer is king.
So, the consumer gets what he wants.

But as I understand it, the consumer didn’t want f**king Jimi Hendrix, but they got him. And it changed the world.

And the consumers didn’t want Sgt. Peppers, but they got it… and they didn’t want the Sex Pistols but they got it.

And now there’s an attitude in the music business that like ‘well, let’s keep the consumer happy because that’s what makes the music business go ’round.’

And who suffers is the artist, not me. We’ve been in it for a while.
But new artists have to put up with all sorts of nonsense.”

“It’s like, the young, it’s their fault. They invented the f**king internet. It’s their fault. F**k ‘em, that’s what I say.”

Indeed.

clarkydaz

19 seconds in; "what was I dressed like there? I look like...****in columbo. don't know what that's all about"

5 seconds later; "and theres a Manchester city signed football...worth virtually nothing"

Zingeroo

I like how he said they wanted to bury a drum kit in a video and he suggested burying the drummer, which they enthusiastically went with.
"And I was like, wow, is that how easy it is, you just f***ing randomly suggest nonsense to people, who go and film it?"

still.ill

I picked up guitar after hearing "Rock N Roll Star" off Stop the Clocks in 2007....

would give anything to be able to write songs like these

Yer Blues

I was the prime demographic for MTV during Oasis peak... but I'm surprised how many of these videos I don't remember.

I do remember the songs though. :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom