• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Noise Gate? ... might have to.

timmy2tone

My band plays at a regular venue. Great crowd, cool stage and great vibe. I'm a pedals into a clean tube amp guy. Only at this venue, I get way more noise when I switch on my high gain pedal. I know that tube amps and gain pedals hum a bit. But its way more at this venue. I think I have tracked down the culprit. There is a bank of stage lights (colors and stuff), there is also three track-type spots. I went fishing behind the curtains and found the three spots are wired with a sliding dimmer switch. Is this most likely the problem? Or is there more possibilities. I do find that I can turn my guitar away from the amp and lessen the hum to a point, but its a small stage and not a lot of options for repositioning the amp.
Thoughts?

MogwaiBoy

We had dimming lights in the lounge at our previous house and they made my guitar amps un-recordable at home if they were on. It created a buzzing sound, not hum. Dimming lights suck!

timmy2tone

Yep, definitely a buzz. To the point that I mute my signal with my tuner until the song starts. Will a noise gate even work under those conditions?

Trending Topics