• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Noiseless Pickup preferences for a Tele

jayjacque

I play P & W usually as the lead guitar. Still trying to sort this out. Should I get Seymour Duncan Vintage Stacks or Dimarzio Area T's or Area T in neck and Hot Area T in the bridge? Now I'm probably leaning toward also putting in a 4 way switch. Would that make a difference which pick-ups I put in, or is that just splitting hairs?

pitbull45

I had the Area T neck and hot T bridge in a Tele that I sold. Good tones but a little too smooth for a true Tele sound. I have since gone back to using noisy single coils.

kludge

The droid you're looking for
EMG with a SPC tone control. Clean, quiet, great Tele tones (neck especially is amazing), and the SPC can turn them into amp-grinding P90/PAF sounds with a little twist.

wilblee

Hack sans shame
Platinum Supporting Member
I had an Area T/Hot T in a Tele for a bit. Great sound, but decided to try out a Kinman Broadcaster set, and that set is still in there. Sold the Areas. Sometimes I wish I hadn't, but then I realize I'd have to buy another Tele to use them and, right now, two is enough. Especially when one of them has those Kinmans in it.

mikealpine

Gold Supporting Member
I like the noiseless pickups from Zexcoil. Nice people, and my Strat sounds awesome, and I only hear it when I play something. I haven't tried their Tele offering, but have to imagine they are just as good.

karma1

In my Tele Thinline, I installed a Lace Sensor Gold in the neck and a Duncan Little 59 in the bridge with series/parallel switching. Both sound great.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
My favorites are Tom Anderson PUs and the Lace Sensor Golds.

Stratburst70

Another vote for the Kinmans here. They'd be amazing pickups even if they weren't noiseless. Worth every penny but bring a lot of pennies.

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member
Those sound great but has Bill's death affected production?
I've talked to Becky on the phone since Bill's passing with a question on a pickup I have already. It sounds like they are continuing right on.

Sancho

I had an Area T in my American Standard Tele. Great sound. Maybe lacked a little twang when compared to the stock pickup, but not enough to bother me.
I replaced it with a Duncan Hotrail. Not my best idea, I must say. I'm probably getting another Area T for it.

Top Bottom