1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Noisy Little Small Fry?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jfromel, Feb 1, 2008.

1. jfromel

jfromel Gold Supporting Member

Is anybody else's Small Fry a bit on the noisy side once the burn gets past noon? I love the tone of this thing but the noise is really buggin me. Think I might send it in to get looked at.

2. jamison162

jamison162 Member

I don't recall mine being noisy at all.....ymmv.

3. Festus

Festus Supporting Member

Nope, no noise problems with my Small Fry.

4. drmathprog

drmathprog Member

Mine is very quiet.

5. jfromel

jfromel Gold Supporting Member

When the Volume on the guitar is down the pedal is not noisy, when the volume is up the noise is about twice as loud as my other distortion pedals at about the same relative levels.

The noise is there when I am using the pedal stand alone or with others in the chain. I have not yet tried moving the chain around but any combo with another gain pedal the noise floor is pretty high, but the tone with a maxon OD in front of the small fry is pretty amazing.

I have played it through a few different amps, blues jr, tiny terror, hot rod deluxe, and my main amp is a Frenzel Super Sportster with a 2x12 with V30's A very clean amp even when dimed. I have a strat, and tele (both with texas spc) and a stock SG standard. The noise is there with the single coils or humbuckers.

Thanks for responding David, I was on the fence between the LTD and the Small Fry and went with the Small Fry because it seemed to be a bit more dynamic, I noticed the noise in the store a bit but it was not at gig levels and I was playing a strat in a room with florescent lights.